Server/NAS with Plex+Launch Box+

GadgetMien

Hello,

I'm in the process of building a NAS, so far all I have is the computer case which is an In Win IW-MS04 Mini ITX Desktop Case.

Motherboards I'm intrested in ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac or Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI

No plans to Overclock.

Can anybody recommend a CPU and cooler?

Also if I go with the Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, can you also recommend a (Low Profile GPU)?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, GadgetMien said:

Hello,

I'm in the process of building a NAS, so far all I have is the computer case which is an In Win IW-MS04 Mini ITX Desktop Case.

Motherboards I'm intrested in ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac or Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI

No plans to Overclock.

Can anybody recommend a CPU and cooler?

Also if I go with the Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, can you also recommend a (Low Profile GPU)?

Thanks,

Did launch box gain the ability to stream games? Last I checked it was just a nice way to interface to access them that also pulled some information from their databases. It allowed you to use a controller to browse the catalog and even support emulated games.

That all aside I don't think it streams them (unless that recently changed). I mean are you basically going for an HTPC then that also doubles as a plex server?

Now if just going more for a plex box I would do one of several things.

Grab a recent gen intel cpu for the improved quick sync capabilities.

Grab a 8-12 core amd for more software encoding power.

Go with a low end cpu and get a p2000, p2200 or from what I can see the new 1650s uses the new nvemc engine. The p2000 can handle around 20 streams, the 1650s would be limited to 2 unless you use the custom drivers then it could probably handle 4-8.

Lastly, you could just go cheap on hardware and make sure you convert the media to formats compatible with all your devices.

7 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Did launch box gain the ability to stream games? Last I checked it was just a nice way to interface to access them that also pulled some information from their databases. It allowed you to use a controller to browse the catalog and even support emulated games.

That all aside I don't think it streams them (unless that recently changed). I mean are you basically going for an HTPC then that also doubles as a plex server?

Now if just going more for a plex box I would do one of several things.

Grab a recent gen intel cpu for the improved quick sync capabilities.

Grab a 8-12 core amd for more software encoding power.

Go with a low end cpu and get a p2000, p2200 or from what I can see the new 1650s uses the new nvemc engine. The p2000 can handle around 20 streams, the 1650s would be limited to 2 unless you use the custom drivers then it could probably handle 4-8.

Lastly, you could just go cheap on hardware and make sure you convert the media to formats compatible with all your devices.

Thanks