Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xD Power Hole Stick

Which 2TB external hard drive to buy in 2019?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I had a WD Green for 5 years

But my computer can't POST anymore (i given to repair ) so i need a external hard drive to transfer data to this drive

I have choose 2 drive but don't know which of these should i buy?

The first

WD My Passport (2019)

I was planning to buy this drive but i saw another drive that may be good But i dont know if other drive brand was good for me

The Second

Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch

It has some plan bundle with this drive 

And included hard drive recovery plan with it

Pricing (Prices converted from local currency)

The WD is costing $78.51

And Seagate is costing $76.25

So which one should I buy

Thanks

Screenshot_2019-12-10-19-14-57-90.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

They're pretty much all the same as far as speed and durability. Hard Drives have been around for too long. @xD Power Hole Stick

Wrong,Seagate has much higher failure rate,especially the consumer grade drives,

Here is a video on the topic by Louis Rossmann:

 


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Wrong,Seagate has much higher failure rate,especially the consumer grade drives,

Here is a video on the topic by Louis Rossmann:

 

I guess I personally haven't had any problems with my seagate drive. I like this video. Louis Rossman FTW

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

I guess I personally haven't had any problems with my seagate drive. I like this video. Louis Rossman FTW

Can you explain little In-depth about Seagate 

As losing data 

Send it the recovery centre to recover data

Does the recovery service is free for the drives that have recovery plan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, to give it to you straight, the Rescue plan through seagate is usually around two years but you can pay for more. There are mixed reviews about the process and whether they can recover the data or not. Ive never had to do any of this and I have had this drive for over year (used for a little over a year before me. It was a friends drive.) Do your own research and make an educated claim.  @xD Power Hole Stick

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Can you explain little In-depth about Seagate 

As losing data 

Send it the recovery centre to recover data

Does the recovery service is free for the drives that have recovery plan

I would recommend to avoid Seagate,

I recommend Western Digital and Toshiba.


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

Honestly, to give it to you straight, the Rescue plan through seagate is usually around two years but you can pay for more. There are mixed reviews about the process and whether they can recover the data or not. Ive never had to do any of this and I have had this drive for over year (used for a little over a year before me. It was a friends drive.) Do your own research and make an educated claim.  @xD Power Hole Stick

Thanks 

I did research about the recovery plan. I could not find enough evidence about this topic.

On your opinion what HDD should I buy?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On Seagate's website it does give a pretty decent explanation on what it covers and how long. Like I said, the process is claimed to be extremely long and painful but it did seem to work. This @Vishera guy seems pretty educated and has moved me to research other drives for when the time comes to replace my current drive. WD is great! give them a go! I just don't take the Hard Drive market too seriously as most drives are fairly close. @xD Power Hole Stick

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
19 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

On Seagate's website it does give a pretty decent explanation on what it covers and how long. Like I said, the process is claimed to be extremely long and painful but it did seem to work. This @Vishera guy seems pretty educated and has moved me to research other drives for when the time comes to replace my current drive. WD is great! give them a go! I just don't take the Hard Drive market too seriously as most drives are fairly close. @xD Power Hole Stick

Thanks

Are there is recovery plan that I can apply for WD hard drive

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Thanks

Are there is recovery plan that I can apply for WD hard drive

Yes,there is.


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×