Avast is now officially spyware - selling user data!

Furiku
On 1/28/2020 at 6:17 PM, ChroMeDoMe said:

I use the paid version so I hope that this doesn't affect me, but the whole thing you mentioned about the email signature? Simply not true my good sir. I literally tried it not even 50 minutes ago and got no signature. I even used Gmail like you told me to

Screenshot_20200128-111836.png

Unfortunately I will be happy to show you the proof otherwise. 

0dHRboA.pngf

This is from my gmail from 2016 when I noticed it from another email and sent test email to myself.

This is when avast started doing it via the browser protection they had. This is what made me stop use avast all those years ago immediately.

And ppl shit on me when i say i'm using McAfee 8.5 since 13 years now.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Avast shutdown Jumpshot. https://www.cityam.com/avast-to-shut-controversial-data-analytics-division-affecting-hundreds-of-jobs/

Some comment from Avast CEO from the article.

Vlcek apologised to the company’s customers and said: “In 2015 this sounded like a good idea, in 2020 this does not sound like a good idea.”

The company said that while it believed it had not breached privacy regulations, it was closing the division to “mitigate any perceived conflict of interest with our core security mission that might exist with our users”.

Vlcek said the decision to close the business had been taken because “people have become increasingly sensitive to data privacy matters”.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Avast shutdown Jumpshot. https://www.cityam.com/avast-to-shut-controversial-data-analytics-division-affecting-hundreds-of-jobs/

Some comment from Avast CEO from the article.

Vlk (Ondrej Vlcek) is kinda in a shitty position. I know him personally as we used to work on a dev-fan level a lot and he was a really cool guy willing to listen to a point where he sent me a message personally for me to elaborate when I ranted or complained over something here and there. Anyways, the reason he's in shitty position is coz he was given the role of CEO few months ago and it takes time to get to know all the shit done by your predecessor(s). He was a CTO prior this role so he had more control over products than business decisions behind those products... And avast! is a pretty big operation these days compared to 15 years ago when I started more serious communication with them.