Old Laptop + Gaming Monitor, what will happens?

Dipypang
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
9 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

Hi guys,

I’m currently using an old Laptop ACER ASPIRE V3-571G and I just bought a GIGABYTE AD27QD.

While waiting for my PC around March 2020, I can’t wait to try the monitor.

But is that compatible? Will it damage the Monitor because of old laptop? Or dropped performance or anything?

Thanks!

The laptop only has a GT 640M inside, so don't expect miracles. If you try to run games at 1440p with it, you're going to hate your life and everyone in it. If you watch videos in 1440p and either use the native laptop screen for games or drop the monitor's resolution to 720p, then you'd at least have the benefit of a much bigger screen.

TL;DR, watch movies, stream, etc. on that monitor now and be amazed at the definition, clarity and contrast. Play a game on that monitor every now and then just to remind yourself how awesome life will be with the new computer.

Hi guys,

I’m currently using an old Laptop ACER ASPIRE V3-571G and I just bought a GIGABYTE AD27QD.

But is that compatible? Will it damage the Monitor because of old laptop? Or dropped performance or anything?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

...no? I've never heard of an old laptop damaging a monitor without doing stupid things to it. Just make sure said laptop can actually plug into the monitor.

Via HDMI?

9 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

Hi guys,

Thanks!

The laptop only has a GT 640M inside, so don't expect miracles. If you try to run games at 1440p with it, you're going to hate your life and everyone in it. If you watch videos in 1440p and either use the native laptop screen for games or drop the monitor's resolution to 720p, then you'd at least have the benefit of a much bigger screen.

TL;DR, watch movies, stream, etc. on that monitor now and be amazed at the definition, clarity and contrast. Play a game on that monitor every now and then just to remind yourself how awesome life will be with the new computer.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Your explanation is fun and hilarious sir ?

So I just have to run everything as usual with my laptop’s resolution, just use that as a bigger monitor right? So I just need to connect it via HDMI?

1 minute ago, Dipypang said:

Your explanation is fun and hilarious sir ?

So I just have to run everything as usual with my laptop’s resolution, just use that as a bigger monitor right? So I just need to connect it via HDMI?

That would be my approach, and yes, HDMI is your best bet.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

That would be my approach, and yes, HDMI is your best bet.

Alright sir I think I will use it right away :D

Thank you sir!