Wraith Prism Cooler Master software not working?

Bitter

I'm trying to shut off all the RGB on my Wraith Prism, it was neat for a couple of days but I'm over it now. I can turn off the fan RGB with the 4 pin Aura Sync header on the motherboard (Asus ROG Strix Gaming-F) using Aura Sync but I couldn't turn the ring and logo off. I did a little Googling and found out that I needed to unplug the 4 pin, plug in the 3 pin USB, and get the Cooler Master software. Did that, installed that, opened the software..and...it took forever to open but it did finally launch. So I figured when in doubt, restart the PC. Fresh boot, open the Cooler Master software, it still takes a long time to open but eventually it does open and the fan is making all kinds of cool spinning rainbow lights and what not, alright neat let's turn it all off. I click on a toggle to turn off the ring lighting and the program just hangs for a long time, eventually it un sticks and I can click apply, it bounces to the initial loading screen and a bar slowly lurches across the bottom of the window and eventually it comes back to the previous screen I was on showing the toggle for the ring lighting as off. Except the ring lighting is still on. I do the same with the same results for the other two lighting zone on/off toggles. The software isn't working. So I unplug the USB header for the Prism from the internal USB hub (board doesn't have enough USB 2.0 headers so one header has an internal style hub on it). The RGB light show continues with the USB unplugged and I quit for the night.

So what's going on here? I'll try connecting the cable directly to the motherboard tomorrow evening, but other devices plugged into that hub (keyboard and mouse) are working just fine. Googling anything about Wraith Prism and crash gets me a bunch of pages about CPU problems, unstable over clocks, and a few hits about NOT connecting BOTH RGB cables to the cooler, I haven't been able to find anyone having a software problem like mine. Suggestions? I guess I can live with the light show but I'd much prefer to turn it all off right now.

I got it sorted, connected it directly to the motherboard and the software worked fine, must be something with the internal hub. I guess if someone else has this issue I hope they can find this thread.