Amazon cancelled my confirmed order. How to get it back. Please help.

On black Friday, Acer had a sale on Amazon.com on their Acer predator Helios 300 for $930 and I placed an order. I selected shipping address and chose payment option of credit card. I added a new credit card and payed(coz I get more points with this credit card). On the same day within minutes I received an order confirmation email, but on 1st December I got an email saying my account is locked and orders are on hold for security reasons. My orders tab was blank. I went through customer service and got my account back, but it cancelled my order, for security reasons.

How do I get my order back. Has this happened to anyone else, if so please tell me how you got your order back, if you got it back. I went through customer support, but they kept telling me to just order again like it's nothing, despite me telling them the price has increased by $150. After multiple attempts, someone from their customer service team said they would send a mail to the higher sales department or something. 

Does anyone know how to get my order back. Please I took engineering graphics in school and need this laptop for CAD.

My old one struggles to even run Minecraft and takes 10 minutes to load auto cad, and 2 minutes to do anything (even moving the mouse).

I ordered form amazon.com(so on top of the price I have to pay for customs and shipping.) instead of amazon.ae(the Amazon for people in the UAE) 

Because it is still cheaper than amazon.ae even after shipping and taxes.

Thank you in advance.

16 minutes ago, pentovillianking said:

Does anyone know how to get my order back. Please I took engineering graphics in school and need this laptop for CAD.

No one on the forum will be able to magically get your order back, unless they secretly work for Amazon, but even then, that would be a conflict of interest. Sounds to me like either Amazon or your credit card company's anti-fraud bots picked up on your account as being compromised (even if it wasn't) which totally sucks, but only Amazon customer support is going to be able to do anything for you.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

They probably cancelled it because they sold more units than they had, and therefore ran out when you bought yours. sucks but it happens, recently happened to me when I bought the steam controller.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Call them. Don't mess with email or online chat for something like this. Explain the problem very clearly, and don't treat them like idiots. Amazon reps deal with 500 assholes a day, so if you have a reasonably lengthy, pleasant call with them and go out of your way to not be #501, you'll generally find them much more willing to work with you. If you go in guns blazing before the poor guy even has a chance to get a word in edgewise, you're going to get the old, "We cannot change the item's price; however, if you purchase the laptop, we can offer you a $10 promotional credit for the inconvenience." Seriously, people forget how far you'll get in life just by being nice when solving problems instead of blowing up on people. Explain it like this:

• You purchased a laptop at a promotional rate
  • Your account was locked for security reasons by Amazon
  • You cleared the security concerns up, but when your account was reactivated, your order had been cancelled
  • You want to complete your order of the Helios 300, but the price has jumped from $930 to $1080, and you'd like the price you purchased it for

The rep probably can't change the price. They seem to have had a lot of abilities taken away from them over the last year or so. If the only solution you have in mind is that they let you buy the laptop for $930, you'll probably hear a no. However, there are some creative ways around this:

• Can they process the original order again, without changing anything?
  • If you purchase the laptop at the new price, would they be able to issue credit back to you for the difference?
    • The answer to this is yes, and I know that because I resolved an issue with a laptop exactly like this less than a week ago. Just ask the rep after they confirm that they can't do anything about the price or re-run the original order: "If I purchase the laptop at its new price, could you credit me back the difference between the original sale price and the price I paid now?". They'll probably have to split the credit over a couple of days because even a supervisor can only approve $100 credit per account per day. I had to call back the day after my $100 credit went through, and the last $20 took all of two minutes once I was talking to someone.

The obvious downside to what amounts to Amazon store credit is that you're not getting a refund. You're still paying the $1,080 out of pocket, you're just getting $150 credited back to your Amazon account to use on their site later. It's not a perfect solution, but if they can't adjust the item's price for you or process a partial refund as soon as the credit card transaction clears, it's the most realistic outcome. Still, call them, explain, don't be asshole #501, don't BS them with "I'll go buy it from Newegg" threats, just explain to them what's up and work on finding a solution. If all else fails, "What about promotional credit?" is a great question to ask.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

They probably cancelled it because they sold more units than they had, and therefore ran out when you bought yours. sucks but it happens, recently happened to me when I bought the steam controller.

Nah, it was probably his bank/CC issuer declining the transaction on a fraud trigger, sending that back to Amazon, and Amazon suspending his account and cancelling the order as a result. During the time frame it took to clear those fraud flags, the laptop's price went up. That sort of thing is very, very common from September - January. 'Tis the season to be overreacting.

7 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Nah, it was probably his bank/CC issuer declining the transaction on a fraud trigger, sending that back to Amazon, and Amazon suspending his account and cancelling the order as a result. During the time frame it took to clear those fraud flags, the laptop's price went up. That sort of thing is very, very common from September - January. 'Tis the season to be overreacting.

When a card is declined amazon will hold the order and email you asking you to add a different payment method.

It does not close your account.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When a card is declined amazon will hold the order and email you asking you to add a different payment method.

It does not close your account.

They can. We're getting into my line of work here. There are a lot of factors that go into it. For most people, yeah, it's just the order being placed on hold with no further action. If, say, there are three orders outstanding with three different payment methods and two of them are flagged by the issuer, yeah, that account's getting locked. Just one example. It's possible that there's something the OP isn't telling us, possible that they're mucking with details to avoid being identified just in case Amazon is reading, and it's also incredibly possible that Amazon blocked the account entirely for a reason the OP wasn't even aware of.

that card may have been marked as stolen or canceled. think that is the problem. dont think you will get anything more than the price of the laptop as it is current. BUT even if you try to buy again ....you may end up at the same state....locked!

Just now, ckinfos said:

that card may have been marked as stolen or canceled. think that is the problem. dont think you will get anything more than the price of the laptop as it is current. BUT even if you try to buy again ....you may end up at the same state....locked!

do you buy from other stores with that card? and i mean after the incident.