Hey Everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum, not 100% sure. Please report or move if not.

I'm upgrading from my old Z79 platform to a new X570 platform. New CPU, MOBO, RAM, and Storage/Boot Drive. I've never done anything like this before. Is anyone able to walk me through the best way to do this. 

My current setup is a on a RAID 0 array and my new setup will be NVME. Will I need to reactive Windows and what's the best way to migrate my boot array to the new NVME SSD?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Thanks! This helps me on the windows activation front. But regarding the clean install, Is that the best way, then move everything from my current RAID array to a portable drive and move over?

1 minute ago, CoffeeBlack said:

Thanks! This helps me on the windows activation front. But regarding the clean install, Is that the best way, then move everything from my current RAID array to a portable drive and move over?

Yeah, that's the fastest way that will guarantee no issues.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, that's the fastest way that will guarantee no issues.

Awesome, thank you :)

And, as always, our "clean install" guy answers as fast as possible with the only method he knows.

Of course there are other methods like imaging your system, restore it on nvme and just boot on new machine, but you always get answer "made clean install" on this forum from person who uses "made clean install" as alternative answer to "first!".