Ram Suggestions

Go to solution Solved by TheBean,

r3600 does not support quad channel so there would be no difference in 2x16 or 4x8. 

but you can always get FAST ram. for the games you listed, 3200mhz is a good speed for ryzen

I’m building a pc with an AMD RYZEN 5 3600 and RTX 2060 Super.  I’ve chosen G. Skill Ripjaws (2 x 8GB) but was wondering if there is any better similarly priced ram for gaming, or wondering if I should go for 32GB(I’m ok with spending a bit more for more ram), either 2 x 16GB, or 4 x 8GB.  (I’ll mostly play Rainbow Six Siege, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Minecraft with shaders and textures). If you have any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated :)

r3600 does not support quad channel so there would be no difference in 2x16 or 4x8. 

but you can always get FAST ram. for the games you listed, 3200mhz is a good speed for ryzen

Ryzen 3000 seems to work best with only 2 ram slots if you are trying to run it at 3600MHz or whatever the highest speed possible. I think with 4 sticks of ram it can only do something like 2666Mhz or some slower speed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

G.Skill has new memory sticks made for Ryzen 3000 called TridentZ Neo that are cheaper than Ripjaws (assuming you're looking at Samsung B-die ones)

2x8GB is probably enough for most things. I went for 2x16GB since I was already coming from a 32GB machine and I run a lot of VMs.