AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Underperforming.

Your performance issues are clearly coming from that garbage SSD known as A400.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Your performance issues are clearly coming from that garbage SSD known as A400.

Yeah pretty sure it's related to the SSD, replace it for a Samsung 860 EVO and it should solve your issues. 

did you update your ssd's drivers? Anyways yeah it's probably the ssd that's slowing everything down

2 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

Yeah pretty sure it's related to the SSD, replace it for a Samsung 860 EVO and it should solve your issues. 

Why is that so it is only to boot my pc and it has few files on it aswell

1 minute ago, Epimetheus said:

did you update your ssd's drivers? Anyways yeah it's probably the ssd that's slowing everything down

ye all updated

2 minutes ago, Emir5678 said:

it's performing half of what the next worst a400 performs like, there's obviously some kind of problem there

Heres my 2600 with a Samsung Pro, makes a difference

user bench.jpg

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

2 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

it's performing half of what the next worst a400 performs like, there's obviously some kind of problem there

ssd.PNG

9 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

The A400 has the shittiest most broken FIRMWARE you'll see on a SSD....

it's literally trash and updating drivers won't save it, I have threads about issues with it every day in here, I'm tired of telling people who want to cheap up on SSD to at least get the Crucial BX500 which is at least reliable, Kingston is currently selling the worst SSD from a known brand and the same part it's selling TONS of it.

OP's issue is obviously the broken performance on this drive is causing severe bottleneck to the CPU due to poor random access performance, if OP doesn't want to accept his SSD is bad then meh, there's nothing more to do in this thread.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Luna said:

The A400 has the shittiest most broken FIRMWARE you'll see on a SSD.... it's literally trash, I have threads about issues with it every day in here, I'm tired of telling people who want to cheap up on SSD to at least get the Crucial BX500 which is at least reliable, Kingston is currently selling the worst SSD from a known brand and the same part it's selling TONS of it.

OP's issue is obviously the broken performance on this drive is causing severe bottleneck to the CPU due to poor random access performance, if OP doesn't want to accept his SSD is bad then meh, there's nothing more to do in this thread.

Thank you for the great explanation, any solution to help my system fast because cant afford new ssd right now

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

The A400 has the shittiest most broken FIRMWARE you'll see on a SSD....

it's literally trash and updating drivers won't save it, I have threads about issues with it every day in here, I'm tired of telling people who want to cheap up on SSD to at least get the Crucial BX500 which is at least reliable, Kingston is currently selling the worst SSD from a known brand and the same part it's selling TONS of it.

oh, that was the firmware. Sorry about that. But yeah my little brother got one a year ago and its ssd froze again and again. My poor brother was stuck with that thing for like 4 months, lol. Got him a crucial bx500, never had a problem since. Great ssd for cheap

56 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

or even just another newer A400 and reinstall OS onto that, throw away or return the crappy one. Crucial or Inland Professional if one doesn't want to go with Kingston, just something that is actually functioning correctly, you dont NEED a Evo. 

I have an A400 120gb nvme that was built recently, has no issues or errors, and i do great in benchmarks for comparative hardware

5 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

or even just another newer A400 and reinstall OS onto that, throw away or return the crappy one. Crucial or Inland Professional if one doesn't want to go with Kingston, just something that is actually functioning correctly, you dont NEED a Evo. 

I have an A400 120gb nvme that was built recently, has no issues or errors, and i do great in benchmarks for comparative hardware

Kingston A400 is really a scrappy SSD, if you wanna go cheap I would suggest ADATA or a Western Digital Blue.

5 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

Do you have a Kignston A400, or a SanDisk A400 ?

Also, the Kingston A400 does not have a NVMe version....it has a M.2 SATA III form factor version.

M.2 form factor =/= NVMe.

NVMe is through the PCI-E interface.

The Kingston A400 does okay with sequential read/writes ... up to SATA III's limit, but it takes a HUGE performance hit on random read/write performance.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT Special Edition Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

7 hours ago, Emir5678 said:

Thank you for the great explanation, any solution to help my system fast because cant afford new ssd right now

Try CrystalDiskMark 7 and CrystalDiskInfo, just get standard editions ones you'll see in spoiler below just include skins and cute sounds for otakus, same thing. Below i'll leave my results for it with how my SA400 fairs so you have some reference, including UserBench.  
CrystalDiskMark checks speeds, https://crystalmark.info/en/2019/10/31/crystaldiskmark-7-0-0/
CrystalDiskInfo is a generalized drive health check. https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

another more reputable vendor should still only cost 25$, but if you can't afford that right now honestly best thing you can do is backup data you need, and reinstall on the working Western Digital you have now.  Sorry dude.  If you can wait till you can afford SSD then atleast with steam games (and i think maybe origin) you should only have to set install location to what it is now and re-verify them once new drive is setup, with other game launchers might have to delete and reinstall.

1 hour ago, Viper9 said:

Kingston A400 is really a scrappy SSD, if you wanna go cheap I would suggest ADATA or a Western Digital Blue.

Thanks for recommendations, will go for either if i have an issue later on.  It was only cheap m.2 i could find at the time and was itching to try installing one for the experience. 

1 hour ago, -rascal- said:

Do you have a Kignston A400, or a SanDisk A400 ?

Also, the Kingston A400 does not have a NVMe version....it has a M.2 SATA III form factor version.

M.2 form factor =/= NVMe.

NVMe is through the PCI-E interface.

The Kingston A400 does okay with sequential read/writes ... up to SATA III's limit, but it takes a HUGE performance hit on random read/write performance.

yes sorry, m.2. "SA400", im presuming its same as A400 internally but different form factor as they share listings on Kingstons website. 

If anything looks horribly wrong below let me know, but i'd imagine this is example of how they should function when working properly, hopefully helpful for OP. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d0917fb8b5e7ba6b771bb2ea9fe66118.png

image.png.0d96c20bf62e06b9f347b26fe01661e6.png
image.png.a0922e6ff1f30089e935b624df23966d.png

wait wait wait wait wowowowow, sorry for double post but,

Dudes only got like like 12% storage left when you aren't supposed to fill a SSD beyond about 70%, TRIM can't work properly on any modern SSD like that and performance goes to crap.  Especially if you only started having performance issues recently that is definitely your issue, not a faulty drive/brand of drive.

7 hours ago, Emir5678 said:

No you don't have "a few" you have like 60+gb of files+40gb Windows 10 install on that thing filling it near the brim.  It might come back to reasonable levels if you just clear some data but likely you'll need to secure erase the drive via a bootable drive (USB).  Run the tests i linked above, clear some space, and re-run them and user benchmark after you've cleared atleast 30-40gb off that drive, hopefully you see a performance uplift after that but likely not.  

Never fill up any modern SSD, unless its a pricy "SLC" type, all cheaper modern type need to remain with about 25-30%+ free space.  I'm not sure how much clearing data will fix it, likely you will need to perform a secure erase. 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2088341/how-to-restore-your-ssd-to-peak-performance.html
https://www.disk-partition.com/ssd-management/restore-ssd-performance-4348.html

Feel free to look up various more ways to perform a Secure-Erase, choose the one that sounds comfortable as there are a few methods but you'll need to create a bootable USB drive eitherway since this is the drive your OS is installed on. Take time so you can do this properly and don't end up having to use only the HDD. 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:42 AM, Otto_iii said:

wait wait wait wait wowowowow, sorry for double post but,

Dudes only got like like 12% storage left when you aren't supposed to fill a SSD beyond about 70%, TRIM can't work properly on any modern SSD like that and performance goes to crap.  Especially if you only started having performance issues recently that is definitely your issue, not a faulty drive/brand of drive.

No you don't have "a few" you have like 60+gb of files+40gb Windows 10 install on that thing filling it near the brim.  It might come back to reasonable levels if you just clear some data but likely you'll need to secure erase the drive via a bootable drive (USB).  Run the tests i linked above, clear some space, and re-run them and user benchmark after you've cleared atleast 30-40gb off that drive, hopefully you see a performance uplift after that but likely not.  

Never fill up any modern SSD, unless its a pricy "SLC" type, all cheaper modern type need to remain with about 25-30%+ free space.  I'm not sure how much clearing data will fix it, likely you will need to perform a secure erase. 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2088341/how-to-restore-your-ssd-to-peak-performance.html
https://www.disk-partition.com/ssd-management/restore-ssd-performance-4348.html

Feel free to look up various more ways to perform a Secure-Erase, choose the one that sounds comfortable as there are a few methods but you'll need to create a bootable USB drive eitherway since this is the drive your OS is installed on. Take time so you can do this properly and don't end up having to use only the HDD. 

Honestly thank you so much for the info, i will clear my ssd and then i will run some benchmarks and let you know how the things went.

Can we actually prove it's the SSD by checking to see what's going on with the SSD while said applications are running rather than jumping to conclusions that just because OP is using a "garbage" SSD that it's the source of all their issues? I mean, I can run games on an HDD (the horror!) just fine, over USB 3.0 nonetheless. So I kind of want to see if the SSD is actually giving an issue with say being constantly pegged for some reason or another.

Because last time I checked, unless the storage device is actively being used in a game while the game is running, storage performance has almost no influence on in-game performance. Once the data is loaded into RAM, it's a moot point.

12 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Can we actually prove it's the SSD by checking to see what's going on with the SSD while said applications are running rather than jumping to conclusions that just because OP is using a "garbage" SSD that it's the source of all their issues? I mean, I can run games on an HDD (the horror!) just fine, over USB 3.0 nonetheless. So I kind of want to see if the SSD is actually giving an issue with say being constantly pegged for some reason or another.

Because last time I checked, unless the storage device is actively being used in a game while the game is running, storage performance has almost no influence on in-game performance. Once the data is loaded into RAM, it's a moot point.

Screenshot of task manager while playing fortnite

overall.PNG

16 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Was the large spikes during loading? My money is on "yes" but I want to make sure.

i dont think it was