Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GennaiosFX

3900x-how to get improvements

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hello so mostly for gaming(improvements) what will get me the best?

i have seen all core oc probably 4.3(wont help a lot) 

or ccd overclocking that ive seen helped get 4.5 at six cores and 4.35 maybe to the other six

or just oc the memory 

and is better to buy cl 14 3200 and oc it or get 3600 cl 16?thnx

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GennaiosFX said:

hello so mostly for gaming(improvements) what will get me the best?

i have seen all core oc probably 4.3(wont help a lot) 

or ccd overclocking that ive seen helped get 4.5 at six cores and 4.35 maybe to the other six

or just oc the memory 

and is better to buy cl 14 3200 and oc it or get 3600 cl 16?thnx

From what I have seen OCs on ryzen 2 often go nearly nowhere.  Just because people have gotten them doesn’t mean you will.  I’m pessimistic about achieving overclocks though.  I can’t get my 4770k past 4.0, so I’ve seen the “ what people have gotten” thing fail. Memory OCs are a die roll.  How much cheaper is cl14 3200 than cl16 3600?  By the time you OC it to 3600 it may wind up being cl16 anyway.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You shoul manually put your core clock to its "advertised speed", after that it only runs hotter for minor impact. And 3600mhz cl 16 is a sweet spot for ryzen

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

You shoul manually put your core clock to its "advertised speed", after that it only runs hotter for minor impact. And 3600mhz cl 16 is a sweet spot for ryzen

what do you mean? the advertised clock is 4.6 to one core or two I think.. I don't think anyone is a able to achieve that.. only with ccd oc maybe 4.5 depending on the die 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

From what I have seen OCs on ryzen 2 often go nearly nowhere.  Just because people have gotten them doesn’t mean you will.  I’m pessimistic about achieving overclocks though.  I can’t get my 4770k past 4.0, so I’ve seen the “ what people have gotten” thing fail. Memory OCs are a die roll.  How much cheaper is cl14 3200 than cl16 3600?  By the time you OC it to 3600 it may wind up being cl16 anyway.

that's true but I don't know what's the best for manual tweaking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

You shoul manually put your core clock to its "advertised speed", after that it only runs hotter for minor impact. And 3600mhz cl 16 is a sweet spot for ryzen

I think he’s hoping he can OC the 3200 into 3600 or something.  


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the 3900x and 3950x memory speed and latency is the biggest deal since you have two separate ccd's, and the speed of the memory and infinity fabric is how they communicate.  All core OCs on 1ccd Ryzens at 1.325V can bring down thermals and run core-heavy tasks better, this can help them in gaming because running a game+windows 10+discord+steam+etc can take up all their cores, especially on the 6 core parts. This isn't a problem on the 12 or 16 core Ryzens in gaming, instead just having 1.0.0.4b bios update so you'll be hitting same or better clockspeeds as a all-core OC with only the cores that need it is better route,

focus on memory. 

 

6 hours ago, GennaiosFX said:

and is better to buy cl 14 3200 and oc it or get 3600 cl 16?thnx

If you are talking about 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die then yes it could be superior, since it can run such low latencies at X clock speed, and high voltages. But buying any type of 3600C16 is the cheaper and simpler solution that will get you 90-95% the way there without hassle, just enable XMP (Ripjaws recently released a great kit that goes for 70-80$), 

If you enjoy the idea of tweaking hardware, and aren't too strapped for cash to pony up to Samsung B-Die, this may be less fun though  
 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I think he’s hoping he can OC the 3200 into 3600 or something.  

Its definitely been done before, but if he hasn't played with ram overclocking it can be work.  FCLK/Infinity fabric with ram speeds to match it is the ultimate end-goal with high end Ryzen 3000.  Thats where the Samsung B-Die stuff becomes superior, i've heard of people running 4000mhz cl17-18-18-32 1.35v on the 3200C14 kits, so 3733 or 3800 at similar timings paired with infinity fabric overclock should totally be feasible, and there is way more discussion and resources for overclocking Samsung B-Die then probably any other type of DRAM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×