what is your oldest device currently in use?

zassou

well I would say wii but most of the controllers don't work so probably my laptop from 2014.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Probably a mechanical doorbell from the late 1800s if that counts as a device.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Onkyo Integra A-817XD integrated amplifier.

Built in Japan back in 1988, still sounds like new, someday i'll have it professionally checked and restored.

35237522_1704964462914890_1253786857343287296_o.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

My Dell AT101. I have a couple mid to late 90s keyboards, but I'm currently using this one. I will soon get a Focus FK-9000 which I think is slightly older.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

A willards patent pendulum wall clock. It works but it doesn’t keep great time. There’s a painting on it commemorating the war of 1812.  My desk might be older.  No one can tell how old it is.  It still works great though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Found my Mom's old e-reader from 2009. Still works wonderful for text, if a tad slow. Way too small for manga and .pdfs though, and slower than molassas trying to load those.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

SNES

Does a car count ?

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

7 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Yup but apparently nobody wants to do it without demolishing half of the house in the process to route the new wiring instead of reusing the existent conduits

That or I could go the DIY way and route everything through outside the walls but it'll look ugly as hell.

You can't use the original holes because they're too small for the modern romex. Plus there's ceramic pieces crammed in there. If the house was well taken care of then the wires should be ok in theory, but only if they are attached to a modem 15 amp circuit breaker. You can only use 2 prong 15 amp outlets. It is very tough to run a whole house with computers on that limitation. You reach 80 percent of 15 amps pretty fast using things like a fridge and a heater.

“Existing conduits” for knob and tube or actual EMT conduits?  If you see a ceramic bushing or wiring covered with cloth it’s knob and tube and you’re totally hosed.  There are no existing conduits.  Worse, there are ceramic “knobs” inside the wall the wire is wound around that make pulling through conduit impossible.  Knob and tube not only has no conduits it has no insulation.  The insulation is a 3 foot air gap between the wires.

to make it more fun sometimes the stuff is just soldered together inside the wall with no box.
 The only thing to do is pull the drywall away, rip the stuff out, and put something decent in.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Ah ceramic.  They’re not conduit. “Conduits” maybe in the sense that they’re holes, but they’re not emt nmt or smurf tube.  Yeah.  Anyone who wants to change that stuff is going to need to tear into the wall.

Either a Minolta 35mm camera with a built-in lightmeter, or a Technics turntable.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

ViewSonic VX2250

I've had it for over 9 years now and I still use it as a secondary monitor on a daily basis. I have older tech around the house but nothing I depend on regularly. 

IMG_0584.thumb.jpg.62f6448f1c8eeebc570025eea444bfe8.jpg