Short circuit - Motherboard standoff question

I have been troubleshooting a short circuit issue and took the motherboard out of the case.  I checked the motherboard standoffs into the case and found i could tighten them further with a nut driver as opposed to tightening that I had done with motherboard supplied tool.  Could the gap in the standoff to the case cause the short?  I haven't put the motherboard back into the case yet.

It shouldn't be a problem. As you get stronger you'll find that you can break more and more things by applying too much force. Just because you can tighten something more doesn't

a/ mean you should

or

b/ prove you're strong

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Well I think there was a bit of a gap between the case and the stand off previously on at least one standoff.  I also found that the case had one wire tie (front case fans) that I replaced with velcro which was behind the pcb (right panel side of case).  Not sure if either of them have totally resolved issue.  Fingers crossed.