Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andybeech

Sound blaster z vs Gigabyte z370 hd3p

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Sound blaster z sound card or Gigabyte z370 hd3p onboard sound which would you use. I also connect my gaming pc to a splitter which goes to a mixer, sound bar and turtle beach headset. 

or what would you suggest to do as sound setup.

thanks  this is for 2 pc streaming.


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

for streaming the onboard is good enough.

get the soundblaster if you enjoy it for yourself.

I currently own the sound blaster z I took it out as originally caused issues when using a single pc, but now changed to 2 pc not sure whether to put it back in.


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

not familiar with 2pc streaming, but still i don't see the benefit having it for the second one for streaming.

In basics terms you have one pc for steaming to twitch and a main dedicated gaming rig, this would be the one I would put the sound card in. 

So would both sound quality be exactly the same?


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i know the concept, so you would be using a obs / capture card from the hdmi?

if that's the case i don't know what benefit from the soundcard other than better mic / sound input (which is hardly measurable), even the onboard is good enough with less problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
33 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

yeah i know the concept, so you would be using a obs / capture card from the hdmi?

if that's the case i don't know what benefit from the soundcard other than better mic / sound input (which is hardly measurable), even the onboard is good enough with less problem.

I run the sound from the gaming pc to the mixer which goes to the streaming PC, dont use hdmi sound as I like to have my headphones plugged into the gaming pc via a splitter too all running from the one aux output on the motherboard.


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

So do sound cards make any difference nowadays?


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a myth that 'motherboard audio is better now'.  It's not really true, it is a little better than what it was but if you get a dedicated sound card you will notice the difference.  

 

The quality is much better and some like the sound blaster z have a built in amplifier so that is great for headphones.  I got my sound blaster z used for around 30 dollars.  I would say that is a great deal, for 100 dollars new its a good sound card but its a little expensive. I think if you buy any good quality dedicated sound card you will notice the difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the only thing to really improve the audio in and output is by going with a external dac/amp combo.

The schiit fulla 3 is awesome at its price and easy peaezzy kicks the soundblaster and anny mobo sound in the nu...

That said, I know its not an internal device but yeha ages better than the qually expensive soundblaster.

 

 

but to take advantage of this you need a nice pair of cans and mic


 Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, masethekiller said:

There is a myth that 'motherboard audio is better now'.  It's not really true, it is a little better than what it was but if you get a dedicated sound card you will notice the difference.  

 

The quality is much better and some like the sound blaster z have a built in amplifier so that is great for headphones.  I got my sound blaster z used for around 30 dollars.  I would say that is a great deal, for 100 dollars new its a good sound card but its a little expensive. I think if you buy any good quality dedicated sound card you will notice the difference. 

Thanks I might try putting it back in my gaming rig again I brought mine for about £80 new a few years ago and when I upgraded I left it out due to driver issues I had. Would I be best using the headphones out for the setup I have?

11 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

the only thing to really improve the audio in and output is by going with a external dac/amp combo.

The schiit fulla 3 is awesome at its price and easy peaezzy kicks the soundblaster and anny mobo sound in the nu...

That said, I know its not an internal device but yeha ages better than the qually expensive soundblaster.

 

 

but to take advantage of this you need a nice pair of cans and mic

Do like the idea of a dac and amp combo but could never find any that was cheap enough to get I'll check out the one you suggested, are there any other you suggest. Around the£50 - £100 range thanks 


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, andybeech said:

Thanks I might try putting it back in my gaming rig again I brought mine for about £80 new a few years ago and when I upgraded I left it out due to driver issues I had. Would I be best using the headphones out for the setup I have?

Do like the idea of a dac and amp combo but could never find any that was cheap enough to get I'll check out the one you suggested, are there any other you suggest. Around the£50 - £100 range thanks 

If you can find the fiio k5 pro it should be around that price really good value product sound great. I personally think they sound better than the fulla but is generally more expensive.


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 ,monolith m570 Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andybeech said:

Thanks I might try putting it back in my gaming rig again I brought mine for about £80 new a few years ago and when I upgraded I left it out due to driver issues I had. Would I be best using the headphones out for the setup I have?

Do like the idea of a dac and amp combo but could never find any that was cheap enough to get I'll check out the one you suggested, are there any other you suggest. Around the£50 - £100 range thanks 

Schiit fulla 3 is 99$ and outperforms the k5 recommended above. PLUS you get a realy decent mic input should you need it.

To my ears fulla 2 sounds better than k5 and fulla3 is improved version. On paper its also better. But as with any audio gear its a bit personal taste. 

But the fulla3 has so good metics thats not even funny at 99$ its preeeeety far above everything else at 100$. But as I told already: Sound is personal taste. To my ears the fulla are real nice and more than you’d ever want with up to 400-500$ speakers

 


 Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, rice guru said:

If you can find the fiio k5 pro it should be around that price really good value product sound great. I personally think they sound better than the fulla but is generally more expensive.

Is the flio k5 pro the one with a docking station on top I seen on amazon.

3 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Schiit fulla 3 is 99$ and outperforms the k5 recommended above. PLUS you get a realy decent mic input should you need it.

To my ears fulla 2 sounds better than k5 and fulla3 is improved version. On paper its also better. But as with any audio gear its a bit personal taste. 

But the fulla3 has so good metics thats not even funny at 99$ its preeeeety far above everything else at 100$. But as I told already: Sound is personal taste. To my ears the fulla are real nice and more than you’d ever want with up to 400-500$ speakers

 

I couldn't seem to find the fulla 3 on amazon uk? Where is best to find these thanks


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andybeech said:

Is the flio k5 pro the one with a docking station on top I seen on amazon.

I couldn't seem to find the fulla 3 on amazon uk? Where is best to find these thanks

no thats the fiio k5 , the k5 pro is the one thats not a docking station


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 ,monolith m570 Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 minutes ago, rice guru said:

no thats the fiio k5 , the k5 pro is the one thats not a docking station

Can you send me a link uk please 


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, andybeech said:

Can you send me a link uk please 

damn it's apparently not available 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/K5-PRO-Desktop-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B07WT7TYWY

 nowhere I have seen in the UK has it in stock but it's also unfortunately above your price range.  but honestly if you plan on sticking to the turtle beaches I would stick to what you have


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 ,monolith m570 Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andybeech said:

Is the flio k5 pro the one with a docking station on top I seen on amazon.

I couldn't seem to find the fulla 3 on amazon uk? Where is best to find these thanks

Since your in the EU.... at this time still lol

there is a official Schiit EU store 

https://www.schiit-europe.com

 


 Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 hours ago, rice guru said:

damn it's apparently not available 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/K5-PRO-Desktop-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B07WT7TYWY

 nowhere I have seen in the UK has it in stock but it's also unfortunately above your price range.  but honestly if you plan on sticking to the turtle beaches I would stick to what you have

Would look at better headphones later on and I have got a couple of different ones i use. Does look very similar to the docking one though Haha

 


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 12/15/2019 at 12:10 AM, Metallus97 said:

Since your in the EU.... at this time still lol

there is a official Schiit EU store 

https://www.schiit-europe.com

 

I found the uk store not too bad £110 looks fairly simple to use.

 

What is the advantage of using an amp/dac instead of a internal sound card.

also i do have a pair of sennheiser headphones i use if this makes any difference to the turtle beach ones.


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alot of peopel complain about the sound blaster z drivers, I had zero problems with it.  Maybe when it came out it had driver problems, and for an old card, they recently updated the drivers which is a good sign.   I think the software for is good, usaully creative software sucks but this one is pretty good. Like you can change between speakers/headphones with the software and adjust bass and turn on a normalizer, which is good if you want to watch a movie or your playing at night and the 'crystalizer' actually does work.   

 

I've not purchased an external dac, like I said the sound blaster z has one built in.  Thats a key reason I got it, the external one should have no advantage. It's the same thing as an internal one just that you can plug it externally, its the same type of part.  The only advantage is if you have a laptop or multiple computers you want to use it on.  I notice amplifers/dacs tend to be really expensive, I think they are overpriced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want good/affordable computer speakers I highly recommend logitech. You can get great speakers from them under 100 dollars. I use speakers and headphones.  I have sony headphones I bought for 20 dollars and they sound great with the soundcard ,since it improves the sound and amplifies it.   Alot of people go crazy on headphones but I don't think its worth the extra cost. 50 dollars or less and a name brand headphones should be good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 12/20/2019 at 8:33 AM, masethekiller said:

If you want good/affordable computer speakers I highly recommend logitech. You can get great speakers from them under 100 dollars. I use speakers and headphones.  I have sony headphones I bought for 20 dollars and they sound great with the soundcard ,since it improves the sound and amplifies it.   Alot of people go crazy on headphones but I don't think its worth the extra cost. 50 dollars or less and a name brand headphones should be good. 

Thank you for your help on this I have tried using my sound card though I have noticed that the sound blaster makes a horrible cracking sound at times when watching YouTube where as when I swap back to the mobo that disappears could that be down to a setting I'm using. I currently have a splitter connected to the headphone port that has headphones, soundbar and mixer all connected to it. 


Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh that's weird, I am sure you updated the drivers.  My sound card works fine but I have heard of people who have problems with this card.  There are other decent sound cards, ive not tried them but Asus sound cards are supposed to be good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know how to change the sound format?  You could try to change that to a higher or lower setting.  I have mine set on the highest setting.  I've had problems with this before with sound cards, where if its not set at the right format then some applications sound weird. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×