Anyway around country-wide internet block

farshad

Hello last month the Iranian government shut down the entire country and disrupted all communication with the outside world
I was wondering is there a way to escape the censorship of governments?

https://netblocks.org/reports/internet-disrupted-in-iran-amid-fuel-protests-in-multiple-cities-pA25L18b

https://netblocks.org/reports/internet-restored-in-iran-after-protest-shutdown-dAmqddA9

Moving out the country might work, VPN's might work.

But the latter might be blocked too of course and surely will be seen as a criminal offense, if they are censoring the internet already.

Super shitty situation and I don't really have a good solution for you :(

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, farshad said:

Hello last month the Iranian government shut down the entire country and disrupted all communication with the outside world
I was wondering is there a way to escape the censorship of governments?

https://netblocks.org/reports/internet-disrupted-in-iran-amid-fuel-protests-in-multiple-cities-pA25L18b

https://netblocks.org/reports/internet-restored-in-iran-after-protest-shutdown-dAmqddA9

There are ways around it depending on how they are filtering. The problem comes down to this is IRAN and getting caught might mean death to you and/or your family. Not sure it is worth the risk.

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Moving out the country might work, VPN's might work.

But the latter might be blocked too of course and surely will be seen as a criminal offense, if they are censoring the internet already.

Super shitty situation and I don't really have a good solution for you :(

hi T moving from your home land country its not realy easy for us and vpn or any server out side the iran not working during that time

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

There are ways around it depending on how they are filtering. The problem comes down to this is IRAN and getting caught might mean death to you and/or your family. Not sure it is worth the risk.

iam already use vpn and its ok now but problem during that time is whole internet goes shut down can you imagine that?

The partial restoration has allowed a degree of information exchange following days of near-total isolation. However many regions remain offline, including parts of Tehran. Network measurements indicate that most social media remain blocked in line with long-running Iranian policy, although access is possible using VPN software.

Just now, farshad said:

iam already use vpn and its ok now but problem during that time is whole internet goes shut down can you imagine that?

At that point VPN's and different DNS servers will do you no good (not that I recommend those, as - again - they can easily classify that as illegal).

Usually in these sorts of scenarios, I would consider contacting (local) government and try to bring this issue forward to the politicians, in the hopes they can do something. But in a political situation like this, that would be no use.

As you are likely a citizen of Iran, going to a embassy of another country is probably also not doing any good.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I live in Turkey, we also have deep packet inspection on all packets. I created a VPN server in 2012 and since then (using DigitalOcean's cheap VPS') I route all my traffic through OpenVPN to Netherlands, there are some tricks you can do to get past DPI. Your main issue lies with how you would pay for servers abroad, as Iran is banned from Swift network. Tor might help you in the short run.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, minibois said:

At that point VPN's and different DNS servers will do you no good (not that I recommend those, as - again - they can easily classify that as illegal).

Usually in these sorts of scenarios, I would consider contacting (local) government and try to bring this issue forward to the politicians, in the hopes they can do something. But in a political situation like this, that would be no use.

As you are likely a citizen of Iran, going to a embassy of another country is probably also not doing any good.

yeah i think is only i option i have buy you know there is 80 milion ppl like me

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I live in Turkey, we also have deep packet inspection on all packets. I created a VPN server in 2012 and since then (using DigitalOcean's cheap VPS') I route all my traffic through OpenVPN to Netherlands, there are some tricks you can do to get past DPI. Your main issue lies with how you would pay for servers abroad, as Iran is banned from Swift network. Tor might help you in the short run.

Nothing is going to help if they blackhole all traffic from outside the country aside maybe satellite internet run by a company not in the country.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Nothing is going to help if they blackhole all traffic from outside the country aside maybe satellite internet run by a company not in the country.

true, that would turn the whole country into a massive LAN party.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

i meancan we use anther whay to get free internet whithout any cencor ship?

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

satellite internet   - how we can use that ?

Just now, farshad said:

i meancan we use anther whay to get free internet whithout any cencor ship?

Tor might work, also you can use free vpn's but I do not suggest you to use them at all unless you are extremely desperate. 

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

There are ways to encapsulate the VPN data in another layer of encryption and use different ports to full the DPI being used in most locations. The exception being a location that can force their own certs on your machine (large companies) where they can essentially mitm all of your traffic before it leaves the network.

Just now, farshad said:

satellite internet   - how we can use that ?

You need an uplink to a satellite that's not controlled by your country and some prayers that you don't get caught and to have no hope of it being fast by any means either. Satellite internet is very slow, at best.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

There are ways to encapsulate the VPN data in another layer of encryption and use different ports to full the DPI being used in most locations. The exception being a location that can force their own certs on your machine (large companies) where they can essentially mitm all of your traffic before it leaves the network.

Which is pretty much what Russia is doing nowadays. I am not sure about how I would go further encrypting my openvpn traffic but, I run my vpn server on TCP:443 and that is usually enough to go past DPI inspected networks (like eduroam).

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Which is pretty much what Russia is doing nowadays. I am not sure about how I would go further encrypting my openvpn traffic but, I run my vpn server on TCP:443 and that is usually enough to go past DPI inspected networks (like eduroam).

SSH and SSL tunnels are one way (not the one used by OpenVPN as it can be detected by some dpi tools). You also have various obfuscation techniques that can confuse the tools too. Normally using an SSL/SSH port with the matching encapsulation is good enough.

I tried all the ways to circumvent that fool in that time
But they have isolated the whole country

i mean nobodey even some them no one cant conect to the other ip from outside only inside useable

1 minute ago, farshad said:

I tried all the ways to circumvent that fool in that time
But they have isolated the whole country

i mean nobodey even some them no one cant conect to the other ip from outside only inside useable

If they are doing an explicit deny of outbound traffic leaving the country then there isn't anything you can do.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

If they are doing an explicit deny of outbound traffic leaving the country then there isn't anything you can do.

yeah imean can you even think about shutdown whole country internet?

80 M ppl

Just now, farshad said:

yeah imean can you even think about shutdown whole country internet?

80 M ppl

Just now, farshad said:

80fucking million ppl

You can, by just blocking Iran's access to rest of the internet, that should reduce internet traffic significantly. Which they started doing with the start of unrest going on there.

3 minutes ago, farshad said:

80fucking million ppl

Time to form a resistance and fight to get yourselves some freedom.

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

You can, by just blocking Iran's access to rest of the internet, that should reduce internet traffic significantly. Which they started doing with the start of unrest going on there.

how?