PC Randomly shutting off

Wauter

Hi, i just build a new computer, but while gaming it randomly shuts off while running benchmarks on both the cpu and gpu at the same time it doesn't.

These are my specs

Ryzen 7 2700 running at stock speeds cooled by wraith spire

Asus prime X370 pro

Gigabyte GT 1030 2gb GDDR5

G.skill Aegis 8 gb at 3200 mhz

Corsair VS450 80+ bronze

I've had similar problems with this card before in a different pc, that had a i5 2400 and 250 watt psu.

What is possibly the issue?

How old is that card? and are you overclocking it?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

How old is that card? and are you overclocking it?

No.

Shuts off like when you flick the power switch ? That's either CPU overheating or PSU failure (it's bad). Check CPU thermals in HWiNFO or Ryzen Master (whatever else you've used to measure it may be wrong), and if you have access to any other (good) PSU try to run PC with it to see if problem goes away.

250 watt psu

Oh my ... People, don't cheap-out on the PSU, that's the heart of your PC.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

12 minutes ago, Juular said:

Shuts off like when you flick the power switch ? That's either CPU overheating or PSU failure (it's bad). Check CPU thermals in HWiNFO or Ryzen Master (whatever else you've used to measure it may be wrong), and if you have access to any other (good) PSU try to run PC with it to see if problem goes away.

Oh my ... People, don't cheap-out on the PSU, that's the heart of your PC.

it was a prebuilt hp small formfactor lol thats why its a 1030

3 minutes ago, Wauter said:

it was a prebuilt hp small formfactor lol thats why its a 1030

It doesn't matter, even if you have just the iGPU, still, i can't think of any 250W PSU that will be good for any modern PC, yes, low-power PC will consume no more than 150W but it's not the power rating of PSU that matters if PSU is high quality then you'll not see anything less than 450W with modern ones just because there simply no point in making less powerful one, nothing to downgrade there without losing the quality.

TLDR: Get EVGA GD 500W or Corsair CX 450W.

12 hours ago, Juular said:

It doesn't matter, even if you have just the iGPU, still, i can't think of any 250W PSU that will be good for any modern PC, yes, low-power PC will consume no more than 150W but it's not the power rating of PSU that matters if PSU is high quality then you'll not see anything less than 450W with modern ones just because there simply no point in making less powerful one, nothing to downgrade there without losing the quality.

TLDR: Get EVGA GD 500W or Corsair CX 450W.

I know what the issue is, yesterday evening swapped the 1030 out for a GTX 1650, works fine now. But you said the VS450 is not good?

1 hour ago, Wauter said:

I know what the issue is, yesterday evening swapped the 1030 out for a GTX 1650, works fine now. But you said the VS450 is not good?

Depends on which one, if it's old with yellow letters on the label then it's definitely bad, if it's newer one with white letters then it's borderline okay but i wouldn't put it in the PC with any dGPU.

5 hours ago, Juular said:

Depends on which one, if it's old with yellow letters on the label then it's definitely bad, if it's newer one with white letters then it's borderline okay but i wouldn't put it in the PC with any dGPU.

What do you mean dGPU? its with the white letters. But if i upgrade my graphics card it will be 30 watts under the power limit, with my next salary i will then buy something like a rm 550 x is that okay?

42 minutes ago, Wauter said:

What do you mean dGPU?

Discrete GPU, i.e not integrated.

42 minutes ago, Wauter said:

with my next salary i will then buy something like a rm 550 x is that okay?

My recommendation would depend on the prices and therefore your location. But Corsair RM550x is a good pick if it's not too expensive (say 80-90 USD).

3 hours ago, Juular said:

Discrete GPU, i.e not integrated.

My recommendation would depend on the prices and therefore your location. But Corsair RM550x is a good pick if it's not too expensive (say 80-90 USD).

Okay thanks for the help!

7 hours ago, Juular said:

There's also Corsair TX550M for 72 EUR and BitFenix Formula Gold 550W for 78$, both are equally high quality.

Okay, i will see what i buy but i like the corsair packaging :)