Rtx 2060 with 450w fsp group power supply.

I am thinking of upgrading my gpu from a gtx 1050ti to a rtx 2060 but I only have a 450w fsp group power supply and I'm afraid it won't be enough. I have a i5 7400 and am incrementally upgrading my system but I don't have the money to buy a power supply on top of the gpu yet. Will the power supply work and can it damage my components?

I'd say upgrade the PSU. While 450 watts is enough for your build, I don't really trust that that PSU will be able to handle it nicely. The model is from 2005 and looks pretty sketch. Spend $70 on something decent from EVGA or Corsair with around 500 to 600 watts and you'll be fine.

FSP has at least 19 different 450W PSUs. How do you expect us to know anything about it, if we don't even know what PSU you have?

8 minutes ago, shadowstar1000 said:

I'd say upgrade the PSU. While 450 watts is enough for your build, I don't really trust that that PSU will be able to handle it nicely. The model is from 2005 and looks pretty sketch. Spend $70 on something decent from EVGA or Corsair with around 500 to 600 watts and you'll be fine.

How did you manage to reach that conclusion...?

:)

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

FSP has at least 19 different 450W PSUs. How do you expect us to know anything about it, if we don't even know what PSU you have?

The PSU is a FSP450-40EMDN.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16817104954

Just a quick Google search turns up this bad boy, def not something I want to be pushing the envelope with. If it is something newer or nicer that might change my verdict doe.

9 minutes ago, JasonSmith7836 said:

The PSU is a FSP450-40EMDN.

From what I can tell, it seems to be a proprietary PSU with a 14 pin connector, and only 12V rails. You won't be able to replace it with an off the shelf PSU without an adapter. Do you have a prebuilt that came with that PSU?

8 minutes ago, shadowstar1000 said:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16817104954

Just a quick Google search turns up this bad boy, def not something I want to be pushing the envelope with. If it is something newer or nicer that might change my verdict doe.

What you did is the equivalent of searching for "Nvidia 3GB GPU", and giving the OP advice on what to do based on the first result. Nvidia seems to have at least 13 different GPUs with 3GB VRAM, so any advice would be equally useless.

:)

26 minutes ago, seon123 said:

From what I can tell, it seems to be a proprietary PSU with a 14 pin connector, and only 12V rails. You won't be able to replace it with an off the shelf PSU without an adapter. Do you have a prebuilt that came with that PSU?

What you did is the equivalent of searching for "Nvidia 3GB GPU", and giving the OP advice on what to do based on the first result. Nvidia seems to have at least 13 different GPUs with 3GB VRAM, so any advice would be equally useless.

Yes.