Smashed cpu with hammer, cpu fried motherboard

Ok i currently have a gigabyte z97gaming 5 motherboard and an i5-4670k. I bought a used 4770k and tried to delid it but unfortunately I broke it with my hammer. Tried it anyway to see if it still works. Pc turns on but no bios screen och digital input at all and then it turns off after about 5 sec and then the cycle repeats. Thought to myself, damn I just broke my new cpu. So I gave up. Installed my old cpu but now with the same problem that the new cpu caused. So basically I bought a new cpu and destroyed it with a hammer and then bricked the motherboard? I was wondering if you could help me with a solution or something or if its possible that my dead cpu fried the motherboard. 

Tried changing psu and unplugging the cmos battery but still same. 

A broken CPU could be shorting pins on the motherboard together, which might very well kill it.

But that's just my smashing theory. I hope I hit the cause of the issue right on the head. Good luck nailing down a good solution to your issue!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, MamamIV said:

delid it but unfortunately I broke it with my hammer

i am very interested in this aggressive approach you tried to delid your cpu 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Put the hestshield against a bucket of paint and had a knife blade against the edge of the cpu to dissapate the force. Then I slammed it with my hammer. Did the same with my old cpu and it worked. Yes I guess I kinda deserve it because it sounds stupid, but It worked the first time so why couldn't it work again I thought. 

23 minutes ago, MamamIV said:

Put the hestshield against a bucket of paint and had a knife blade against the edge of the cpu to dissapate the force. Then I slammed it with my hammer. Did the same with my old cpu and it worked. Yes I guess I kinda deserve it because it sounds stupid, but It worked the first time so why couldn't it work again I thought. 

Oh, man....

backwards-gun.jpg.9e7f037894e4bb763c773f21335ec8e3.jpg

Just buy a rockitcool delid kit next time :/ They sell or will make one for those processors.  And guarantee the work.