Someone help tell me what's wrong?

Elee

Just finished building this thing, however everything seems to be off, despite me turning on the PSU. The PSU also makes a quite buzzing noise. Any ideas how to fix? Or is something broken?

20191208_164642.jpg

I don't hear anything in the video so I can't comment on that

Did you connect the front panel power and whatnot?

Turning on the PSU itself doesn't turn a computer on.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

When the pc is off, normally the psu should be off too, however there are sometimes ports like certain USB that will remain active for bios upgrade, USB wakeup, Lan wakeup, USB charging etc. This'll mean the psu is not actually off when the pc is. Most times (unless there's a physical switch on the psu) the only way to guarantee a psu is off is to unplug it.

It should not be making noise, period. What you'll have to decide is whether to contact Corsair or not because it's more than likely still covered by the factory warranty, regardless of any vendor warranty. Under the kinds of load at pc off state, it should be dead silent, there's not enough activity to even spin the fan, it's a passive load throughput.

Is it dangerous? That's unknown. Corsair psus have a really nasty habit of dieing quietly, they don't explode as such, especially at the RM level of quality. So even a dead short doesn't go anywhere.

With power the sound can be a bad ground or bad cap and coil. check that none of the power supply wires are cut or pinched. number one new builder error is pinching or cutting cables on the back side of the mb. another issue with new builders is the eps cable most new builders run it over the cpu and gpu. it can get wires caught in the fans or melt from the heat.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W