Any non-Samsung and non-Apple tablets?

BernieTheBear

Hi, 

I'm considering getting a tablet for my wife on christmas. Few things:

1. She's all Android (can't stand Appstore apps and Apple in general).
  2. She also can't stand Samsung (as they're too much marketing and their interface sucks) 

There's Huawei M series ofc (if anyone's tried it - let me know please), but it seems a bit sketchy. FireHD is custom to Amazon so not good either. 

To clarify - she's a poweruser, so something with stock/close to stock Android and decent hardware (screen, ram, cpu, plenty memory) would do. I don't intend to go light on the pocket. Just finding myself in absence of options. 

Any (2019) tablets that I could potentially look into? 

Thanks! 

I have and use a Huawei Mediapad M5 8" practically daily. It's decent for general use but its showing its age when it comes to gaming. As it is getting on for 2 years since launch I'm not sure how much longer it'll get updates for. If performance matters at all, unfortunately it seems like the only other player is Samsung.

Believe they have released a newer model but with the war the US has declared on them, it is practically not an option outside China.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible