I have a AM3 motherboard, need a new cooler, nothing fits

MikeyRam08

I want to put a better cooler on my older PC. It has an AM2 socket, with a screw in air cooler. Measurements of the screws are all 72mm apart, (by using a ruler eyeing it)

I have a new cooler that just clicks on but my old one screws in and an AM2/AM3 Socket Retention Mounting Brackets are about 49 x 95mm (eyeing it, in package) which is the wrong size.

Does anyone know where I can find the correct mounting hardware?

This is the motherboard::

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/motherboard-3d-da061l-mb-specs/

What's the new cooler you got?  I'm curious why if it says it's AM2/3 compatible it doesn't have retention brackets that fit.

I'll note that while AM2/2+/3 are very similar sockets with compatibility between them that doesn't mean the retention holes/brackets are the same.  The link you provided shows AM3, not AM2 or 2+.  It's a possibility to consider (I genuinely don't know for certain).

The new cooler link (Amazon) amazon.com/gp/product/B07R3ZYK6Q

My current cooler looks like this: amazon.com/dp/B00O4UIZ86 It doesn't fully cover the CPU (as the contact is a circle), this I bought a new one.

Basically it's a AMD socket with a Intel mount.

The plastic in the circle ring goes to 2 sizes, it was on the bigger by default, I needed the smaller one.

I just took the plastic out though, attached it to the cooler and set it on the CPU. Yes there is a little gap. But I also don't have the screws needed.

The only coolers I can find that will fit (I think) Are the cheap ones, which I don't like or the $50+ ones which I don't need to spend that much.

DSC02390.JPG

If they're in a square and 72mm apart, it's probably lga 775. 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.