Audio Technica E40

zrmaxwell

for the price I dont even know why these are being considered over all the great chinese IEM as of late like the tin t4, moondrop kanas pro, moodrop kxx, the shouer  tape which are electro stats, ikko Oh10's that price point is the sweet spot of great chinese IEMs 

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

for the price I dont even know why these are being considered over all the great chinese IEM as of late like the tin t4, moondrop kanas pro, moodrop kxx, the shouer  tape which are electro stats, ikko Oh10's that price point is the sweet spot of great chinese IEMs 

The thing is, people who enjoy the SE215 won't like most of the Chi-Fi IEMS. The tuning is completely different. The SE215 is built for maximum comfort with a moderate amount of highs and lows. A lot of Chi-Fi IEMs have aggressively boosted highs and lows for "maximum punch and detail", but that makes them more fatiguing. 

Personally, I think that there are way too many choices out there. And internet hype is very misleading. You'll basically hear "Just buy the Tin Audios". And if you don't like em', you're S.O.L. Because they're the best, don't ask why (nobody knows why). I just want to try everything (because the more I know, the less I trust internet reviews), but I don't have the money or time. And I also found my perfect IEM: the KEF M100. 

So to be clear, nobody on the internet can answer any question regarding the Audio Technica E40. They're not hype. 

Moreover, it's so difficult to compare the SE215 to anything because of their atypical sound. 

If @zrmaxwell needs any IEM purchasing advice, we can help.

30 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

The thing is, people who enjoy the SE215 won't like most of the Chi-Fi IEMS. The tuning is completely different. The SE215 is built for maximum comfort with a moderate amount of highs and lows. A lot of Chi-Fi IEMs have aggressively boosted highs and lows for "maximum punch and detail", but that makes them more fatiguing. 

Personally, I think that there are way too many choices out there. And internet hype is very misleading. You'll basically hear "Just buy the Tin Audios". And if you don't like em', you're S.O.L. Because they're the best, don't ask why (nobody knows why). I just want to try everything (because the more I know, the less I trust internet reviews), but I don't have the money or time. And I also found my perfect IEM: the KEF M100. 

So to be clear, nobody on the internet can answer any question regarding the Audio Technica E40. They're not hype. 

Moreover, it's so difficult to compare the SE215 to anything because of their atypical sound. 

If @zrmaxwell needs any IEM purchasing advice, we can help.

My I reccomended iems that lean more neutral and a variety of iems for different tastes In neutrality

8 hours ago, rice guru said:

Thank you for your recommendations and I realize that you can potentially get better sound with those iems but i live in the United States. Meaning all those Chinese HIFI earphones and headphones i keep seeing online will have very limited customer support from the manufacturer if something were to go wrong during transit from China to the USA. Let's say the item were to be lost during transit.. Yeah, you could contact the manufacturer for support, but that would be more time consuming and a big hassle when compared to buying earphones or headphones from a nearby retailer.. 

I can purchase the Audio Technica E40 or another earphone online from a place called Guitar Center and get a choice of a 2 or 3 year warranty, which would cover lost or damaged items. I would also have the ability to return an item to the store myself since i live pretty close to a guitar center store..   

39 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

Thank you for your recommendations and I realize that you can potentially get better sound with those iems but i live in the United States. Meaning all those Chinese HIFI earphones and headphones i keep seeing online will have very limited customer support from the manufacturer if something were to go wrong during transit from China to the USA. Let's say the item were to be lost during transit.. Yeah, you could contact the manufacturer for support, but that would be more time consuming and a big hassle when compared to buying earphones or headphones from a nearby retailer.. 

I can purchase the Audio Technica E40 or another earphone online from a place called Guitar Center and get a choice of a 2 or 3 year warranty, which would cover lost or damaged items. I would also have the ability to return an item to the store myself since i live pretty close to a guitar center store..   

True if you want to keep it safe. I buy mine off places like linsoul as well as Ali express which I trust enough. To give my money back if I don't get it. I have yet to not get an item I ordered from both places

@zrmaxwell I looked up reviews of the E40 and they’re positive.

Just keep in mind that the headphone community is obsessed with value. So if an IEM sounds good for a given price, the community will ignore all competitors with a similar performance at a higher price tag.

I don’t think you’re taking much of a risk with the E40.