Dual Monitor question

GreatnessRD

Hello, newb here and I have a quick question.

I'm currently running a dual monitor setup but I wanted to add my console as well. My question is will I still be able to use the monitor that I won't have the console hooked up to without any problems? I currently have the monitors setup as an extended display, does that matter? Or is it just simple as I hook the console up to the main monitor, plug in the HDMI and change the input until I'm ready to go back to the PC side while the other monitor will still work as normal for PC things? (Web browsing, music, etc)  I appreciate all the help and assistance.

EDIT: Using an Acer KG240 and an ACER VGA model 720p--ish monitor.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Yea it will still work.

From experience, your PC will still see the secondary screen when playing the console on it; so make yourself familiar with the Windows button + arrow keys shortcut to easily move windows around from one screen to another.

When you switch off the console and have the secondary screen go back to the PC it works as usual.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yea it will still work.

From experience, your PC will still see the secondary screen when playing the console on it; so make yourself familiar with the Windows button + arrow keys shortcut to easily move windows around from one screen to another.

When you switch off the console and have the secondary screen go back to the PC it works as usual.

I thought so, was just making sure. I appreciate the help!

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

1 hour ago, GreatnessRD said:

Hello, newb here and I have a quick question.

I'm currently running a dual monitor setup but I wanted to add my console as well. My question is will I still be able to use the monitor that I won't have the console hooked up to without any problems? I currently have the monitors setup as an extended display, does that matter? Or is it just simple as I hook the console up to the main monitor, plug in the HDMI and change the input until I'm ready to go back to the PC side while the other monitor will still work as normal for PC things? (Web browsing, music, etc)  I appreciate all the help and assistance.

EDIT: Using an Acer KG240 and an ACER VGA model 720p--ish monitor.

How well every thing works depends on the mointor. For example, I have two acer monitors myself and an LG. The LG pannel has 2 HDMI's and they made it very easy to swtich between inputs. The acer panels, not so much. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

How well every thing works depends on the mointor. For example, I have two acer monitors myself and an LG. The LG pannel has 2 HDMI's and they made it very easy to swtich between inputs. The acer panels, not so much. 

I have it on the KG240 since that's the gaming monitor and everything worked fine, thankfully. Games look cool and play well. I just miss HDR because the screen is bright as a mother!