How to handle EFI system partition in middle of HDD

Naith123
Go to solution Solved by Naith123,

Fixed the issue, apparently the partition is untouchable while the drive is in dynamic mode and not basic mode.  Changing it fixed the issue.

image.thumb.png.0f4100c2cb695c02af6ab459d9ed589d.png

As per disk 1, I have one 3 partition on the drive. One with media and downloads, a random EFI system parition (I tihnk left over from my ubuntu install) and a former 1tb partition for ubunutu)  Any ideas on how I can reclaim the space?

Attempting to create a new simple volume gives the following error. 

image.png.35e87f1d7b060cf24964021760f4ff90.png

image.thumb.png.d893d40f69b4004dcf8f9cc057c49e94.png

Any ideas why?  I have tried creating an even smaller partion of 250gb but that gives the same error.  I backed up everything on D so happy to wipe it if needs be.

Please help.

Ok after a bit of a look in the morning, for some reason that 1tb does not appear at all in diskpart.  Is the drive busted somehow?

image.png

Fixed the issue, apparently the partition is untouchable while the drive is in dynamic mode and not basic mode.  Changing it fixed the issue.

Well this partition is hidden, so you need to "un-hide" it from DISKPART, and then assign a letter to it.
Just so you know : EFI partition is a place for boot files to Windows.
So... if you delete it (without placing boot files elsewere), or unplug the drive that has it - you risk your Windows not booting on the next restart.

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

Just now, agent_x007 said:

Well this partition is hidden, so you need to "un-hide" it from DISKPART, and then assign a letter.
Just so you know : EFI partition is a place for boot files to Windows.
So... if you delete it (without placing boot files elsewere), or unplug the drive that has it - you risk your Windows not booting on the next restart.

Also, you need to make that drive into GPT (instead of MBR), if you want to use full 3TB of it.

Am pretty certain that drive doesn't have the boot files for Windows as it was added about 3 years after the windows install.  Have removed it now and gone through a few restart to check everything is in order.