3600X stock cooler is really loud, what AIO cooler is best?

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Yeah, which will be even less comparable to 280mm AIO since they outperform (well, or at least on par with) even the best air cooler in the market. Sure, for your average gaming PC you don't need neither NH-D15 nor an AIO, 50$ Scythe Fuma 2 will be more than enough even for i9 9900k assuming you wouldn't run stress tests on it all day along.

As of these three videos, i've seen people linking them dozens of times (especially that LTT one), they're comparing 240mm AIOs or older generation 280mm AIOs (Corsair has pretty noisy fans even on current generation and those older ones were just awful), and if you actually see the results on third video, comparing 360mm AIO with NH-D15, you'll see that (of course), 360mm AIO has lower thermals on the CPU, but for some reason they have higher thermals on the GPU even if the AIO is top mounted, that's obviously some error in methodology, they just probably don't have any intake fans on the front, GPU needs some air and with the air cooler it at least moves some air around it making some improvement in thermals, mount one 140mm fan in the middle position on the front intake and it'll be fine. Now, 360mm AIOs are in fact isn't any better than 280mm unless you have very powerful CPU like TR4 \ Intel HEDT where 280mm just wouldn't cut it but 360mm AIO are more noisy than 280mm at the same performance level because of smaller fans.

Agreed. And useful info as well.
But i would still advice custom loop cooling above any AIO. The price/performance mark doesnt cut it for me, but thats jsut an opinion. (after air ofcourse)
But for the hassle free-ness we could both agree a 50$ aircooler would be easier then an AIO?
Unless theres things like not enough room for a good cooler or a case that has bad airflow etc. In those cases i would recomend a AIO. (Also why you always put all your specs in the OP. ;) )

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Also there's this video :

Linus can't get his shit straight apparently.

3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

But for the hassle free-ness we could both agree a 50$ aircooler would be easier then an AIO?

If it's enough, yes, definitely, no need to overpay for anything you don't need.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

20 minutes ago, RogueSoldier777 said:

this is true, i would only get a 100$ aio over an air cooler around 55$ if i had ocd for noise

I've used a 50$ Scythe Ninja 5, absolutely great thermals and you could only hear it if you put your ear to it.
But then there might also be AIO's that can do that. But not for that price.

(Was able to keep OCed 1700x @4.1Ghz stable at about 80C altho used liquid metal thermal compound).

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

Also there's this video :

Linus can't get his shit straight apparently.

lol yeah ive seen that one used plenty as counter argument, And while both are completely true, i think this more counts towards the custom loop part.
But like you said thats for high end stuff mostly. Average gaming PC's dont need a beefy cooler not even when OCing. Nowadays they're all so darn effecient. :D

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

I've used a 50$ Scythe Ninja 5, absolutely great thermals and you could only hear it if you put your ear to it.
But then there might also be AIO's that can do that. But not for that price.

(Was able to keep OCed 1700x @4.1Ghz stable at about 80C altho used liquid metal thermal compound).

that high? i would of thought it would be lower or maybe thats me. do you have good airflow in your case?

Main System:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth GPU: PowerColor RX 580 8 GB Red Devil RAM: 16gb Trident Z RGB 3200MHz Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case Case Fans: 2 Stock NZXT fans SSD: Kingston A400 128gb HDD: WD Caviar Blue Monitor: AOC G2460PF 

Secondary System:

Late-2018 Mac Mini

CPU: Intel Core i3-8100B GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 SSD: Stock Apple 128GB PCIe SSD Monitor Keyboard: Drevo GRAMR Mouse: Piranha M20 Monitor: ASUS VX228

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300

CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti SSD's: Stock 256gb NVMe + Crucial CT500P1SSD8 P1 500 GB + Kingston A400 128gb

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

lol yeah ive seen that one used plenty as counter argument, And while both are completely true, i think this more counts towards the custom loop part.
But like you said thats for high end stuff mostly. Average gaming PC's dont need a beefy cooler not even when OCing. Nowadays they're all so darn effecient. :D

define 'average'

Main System:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth GPU: PowerColor RX 580 8 GB Red Devil RAM: 16gb Trident Z RGB 3200MHz Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case Case Fans: 2 Stock NZXT fans SSD: Kingston A400 128gb HDD: WD Caviar Blue Monitor: AOC G2460PF 

Secondary System:

Late-2018 Mac Mini

CPU: Intel Core i3-8100B GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 SSD: Stock Apple 128GB PCIe SSD Monitor Keyboard: Drevo GRAMR Mouse: Piranha M20 Monitor: ASUS VX228

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300

CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti SSD's: Stock 256gb NVMe + Crucial CT500P1SSD8 P1 500 GB + Kingston A400 128gb

Just now, RogueSoldier777 said:

define 'average'

500$ to 1500$ US
(non custom loop build on a budget)

Just now, HanZie82 said:

500$ to 1500$ US

tbf thats a pretty big range, id agree with you in around 500, ive got a 2400g which dead ass freezing at times, though at 1500 you could get a 3800x which has a tdp of 105w, for that personally id say you'd need a noctua or a beefy aio

Main System:

Secondary System:

Late-2018 Mac Mini

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300

18 hours ago, RogueSoldier777 said:

tbf thats a pretty big range, id agree with you in around 500, ive got a 2400g which dead ass freezing at times, though at 1500 you could get a 3800x which has a tdp of 105w, for that personally id say you'd need a noctua or a beefy aio

Need no, but it would be nice. People underestimate coolers a whole lot. Have you seen the size of the stock ones? They might not be the ebst but they good enough and small as heck.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, maxwellius said:

Can anyone recommend me some solutions / a good AIO that will keep my PC quiet and cooled for a reasonable price (100cad)

well i'm just gonna drop my 2 cents here. I run a 2700 at 4.1ghz, and an arctic freezer 34 keeps it under 60C. I don't think a 3600x would need much more than this. I think it costs like 20 usd. Make sure you have good case airflow too. 

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

On 12/7/2019 at 2:45 PM, HanZie82 said:

Im sorry to say but thats wrong information.
Let me find some collaborating evidence for that.

Note we are comparing a 150$ AIO with a 50$ aircooler.

Ok im done now. Hope we can get a consensus here. Watercooling is nice but AIO dont really cut it at the moment.

All of these tests are being done on an open air bench. So these are actually stacked in the air coolers favor. Put them in a case where internal temp is affected more so by an air cooler and things start to change.

This is funny, this is literally the same high end heatsink vs AIO conversation we were having 10 years ago :) I believe at the time we concluded different strokes for different folks kinda like red vs blue ?

15 hours ago, the_pincer said:

This is funny, this is literally the same high end heatsink vs AIO conversation we were having 10 years ago :) I believe at the time we concluded different strokes for different folks kinda like red vs blue ?

Ah yes i remember that. Lets just keep it like that. I'm good with that.
Different folkes different strokes and such.

It really just comes down to if your processor needs exotic cooling, and that one does not - air is more than fine.
If it were a 3900x or 3950x, it would be another story.