Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacob Buch

Can i use a HP DL380 G7 to a minecraft server?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I'm looking for a cheap Minecraft server and unturned server/ media server. For me and my friends can I use an HP DL380 G7? or do I need to look somewhere else. It is gonna be a 24/7 server. The reason I'm asking about this system is that it is one of the cheapest I could find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ProLiant-DL380-G7-2x-X5660-2-80GHz-6-core-CPU-24GB-RAM-P410i-2-x-146GB-HDD/382890385642?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=40719&meid=53521df2f8bf43f3a4fe06b2f1aff5f3&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=12&mehot=pf&sd=152363279159&itm=382890385642&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851#shpCntId

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you have 800 friends that would connect simultaneously you could do it with regular hardware.


I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Unless you have 800 friends that would connect simultaneously you could do it with regular hardware.

i know but this is one of the cheaper things i could find

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

Doesn't seem worth it running that kind of server in your home unless if you have data center speeds, power safety, etc.

what would you recomend in the same price range

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jacob Buch said:

i know but this is one of the cheaper things i could find

How much does it cost?

 


I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

It's cheap but how much is shipping going to cost?

Just found out he doent sendt to denmark. I thougt I had checked. Do you have any idea to a build or server i should buy?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean if you can get used hardware locally for cheap (shipping computers is expensive, they're big and heavy) then get whatever is available. What is the exact use for this? Mine craft and serving as a remote hard drive for music and movies, or will it be doing heavier work like Plex/DVR type of stuff? If it's just a minecraft and storage thing then much cheaper hardware would work out fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I mean if you can get used hardware locally for cheap (shipping computers is expensive, they're big and heavy) then get whatever is available. What is the exact use for this? Mine craft and serving as a remote hard drive for music and movies, or will it be doing heavier work like Plex/DVR type of stuff? If it's just a minecraft and storage thing then much cheaper hardware would work out fine.

will something like this work? Intel Core i5-6400
8gb apacer 2400mhz ram 
Asus H110I-PLUS mITX 
Arctic Cooling Esport One
Raijintek Metis 
256gb Samsung ssd
Seasonic SS-300TFX 300w TFX psu 
Windows 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that would probably work for your use. How many will be on the Minecraft server? Might be nice to have something with some extra PCIe slots in case you find the need for a second or 3rd network port and some load balancing across connections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Yes, that would probably work for your use. How many will be on the Minecraft server? Might be nice to have something with some extra PCIe slots in case you find the need for a second or 3rd network port and some load balancing across connections.

max 10 people i think. But i think we are gonna play modded

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jacob Buch said:

max 10 people i think. But i think we are gonna play modded

10? you could get away with a low end ryzen which is gonna be cheaper

 

I wouldn't put an SSD in a server though


I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Caroline said:

10? you could get away with a low end ryzen which is gonna be cheaper

 

I wouldn't put an SSD in a server though

this cost 1700dkk witch is around 250 usd. and a ryzen 3200g kost 800dkk witch is 100 usd. if you could come up with a build it could be nice. 

 

one of the cheaper sites in denmark :

https://www.proshop.dk/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×