Various BSODs on newly built PC

Hello Frens,

I recently helped my friend his PC, but we've been encountering a number of blue screen issues. Components of the build are listed below. The blue screen error codes included irql_not_less_or_equal and "Attempted execute of no execute memory". Now I don't have physical access to the machine and have unfortunately been rather busy but I've tried to diagnose the issue where I can. We've updated the BIOS and tried running with XMP profiles enabled and disabled to no avail (I saw a post somewhere online which suggested this).

The blue screens seem to happen randomly. For example: playing a game (League, Halo), watching a stream or even joining a Discord Voice Channel. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Components:

• Ryzen 3600X (Base clock)
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz)
  • Gigabyte Aorus x570 Pro
  • Corsair RM650x 650w PSU
  • Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6G (Base clock)
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Other information:

• Running Windows 10 Pro
  • Running Bitdefender Antivirus 
  • Using a high refresh GSync monitor

Thank you in advance to everyone who contributes!

@MoshyBox

The error code ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY may be associated with an outdated device drivers, corruption with software changes, virus or malware infection, or a computer memory problem. To better assist you with this issue, please answer the following:

I suggest that you test the memory of your device to make sure that it's in proper working condition. This can be done easily using the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
  2. In the Run dialog, type mdsched.exe and press Enter.
  3. Follow the instructions to complete the scan.
  4. If the scan concluded that the computer memory is defected then you should replace it as soon as possible (or return it if newly purchased).

If the memory diagnostic test says that everything's fine, then you should start updating all of your drivers. 

Btw, was this a fresh install of windows? If not then chances are you have some older drivers still on the machine that is causing issues. You can also try to see if that is the case by performing a "clean boot" Just google how to clean boot in windows 10 for some pretty decent step by step items. If that corrects the issue then you know what needs to be done.

I had a similar issue using 3200Mhz memory on my aorus b450.    It may be an issue with the memory timings. if you can give me list of your timimgs i might be able to help you out dude

@AngryBeaver Hi! The memory diagnostic didn't report any issues whatsoever. Also it was a clean install of Windows, and I will try the clean boot suggestion soon, thanks.

@Mickeysgun Hey, I've attached a screenshot of his memory timings.

mem_timings.png

2 minutes ago, MoshyBox said:

@AngryBeaver Hi! The memory diagnostic didn't report any issues whatsoever. Also it was a clean install of Windows, and I will try the clean boot suggestion soon, thanks.

@Mickeysgun Hey, I've attached a screenshot of his memory timings.

mem_timings.png

I would think the problem is driver related then. Make sure they are all updated to current.

2 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I would think the problem is driver related then. Make sure they are all updated to current.

I've been told that all drivers have now been updated. I'll report back if the issues persist. 

Try to unninstall all Gigabyte motherboard drivers.. they have a lot of errors with the latest windows version 1909.. and gives a lot of bsod.. also put memorytest64 on a stick and test the pc..

I have a lot of bsod on my new build also... runned memory test from windows several times, no erros, than I runned memorytest64... almost 3000 errors in 10min.. I just sent the pc to the service as I have warranty on all parts... in my case I'm 90% that the motherboard is damaged.. you could have a bad memory stick...

22 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

So having the drivers all up to date didn't seem to affect anything. Testing a clean boot next.

20 hours ago, Bogdan95 said:

Try to unninstall all Gigabyte motherboard drivers.. they have a lot of errors with the latest windows version 1909.. and gives a lot of bsod.. also put memorytest64 on a stick and test the pc..

I have a lot of bsod on my new build also... runned memory test from windows several times, no erros, than I runned memorytest64... almost 3000 errors in 10min.. I just sent the pc to the service as I have warranty on all parts... in my case I'm 90% that the motherboard is damaged.. you could have a bad memory stick...

As far as I'm aware, no Gigabyte motherboard drivers were installed (or are currently installed). I'll try the memorytest64 suggestion soon, thanks!

So this BSOD error just occurred and it looks like a graphics related error? There aren't any updates available for the graphics driver however, so I'm not sure about how to resolve this. 

I've seen some suggestions of reinstalling the graphics driver and running Windows 10's Driver Verifier utility which I will be trying soon. 

IMG_20191208_224428.jpg

That could be from a bad motherboard also, as I had the same problems with my new build.. run that test.. 

• 2 weeks later...

So after trying various things, it seems as though all of the BSODs are occurring due to graphics driver related issues. Any ideas on how we can go about fixing this?