COPS PUT GPS TRACKER ON MAN’S CAR, CHARGE HIM WITH THEFT FOR REMOVING IT

15 minutes ago, Intrafinesse said:

I was kidding, hence the smiley wink.

Ah.  I’m terrible at figuring out what the various emojis mean.  Thankyou for explaining though :)  the generic smiley I think I at least have down.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That he was within his right to remove it is not the issue.

That is the entire issue. There was a warrant issued, that he did not know about.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The problem is the idiot then brought it into his house.  Possibly while still functional.

It was left on his property. If not for the warrant, it would be legally seen as a forfeited item that is trespassing on his property and he would be able to deal with it as he sees fit as it is unmarked.

Not knowing about the warrant, the only thing that makes what he did illegal, Derek did what he did thinking he was illegally being tracked.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That is the entire issue. There was a warrant issued, that he did not know about.

It was left on his property. If not for the warrant, it would be legally seen as a forfeited item that is trespassing on his property and he would be able to deal with it as he sees fit as it is unmarked.

Not knowing about the warrant, the only thing that makes what he did illegal, Derek did what he did thinking he was illegally being tracked.

Re: the entire issue

this is a problem already solved, usually.  Such warrants have to be legally posted.  If THAT was not done the warrant may not have been legal.  Him not knowing about it means nothing if the warrant was announced.

re: left at his house

Cars and houses have different legal status.  It wasn’t left at his house it was left on his car.  He moved it to the house.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thats some south-Korea shit right thur. Fraudulent fucking coppers.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

38 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Thats some south-Korea shit right thur. Fraudulent fucking coppers.

Or slanted article with pieces missing.  Hard to tell.

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The only issue I can find with this is that the owner ripped out a GPS module that he wasn't notified was installed, so as far as the owner is concerned, the GPS was trespassing on his property. If he didn't know about the warrant, he'd think he's being illegally tracked and would be in his right to remove it.

I wonder if police have to tell you if they have a warrant against you or not?

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

Just now, Thomas001 said:

They don't need to tell you that they have a warrant for your arrest, or if they have a search warrant and you're not on premises.

But they also don't need to make every warrant public at the time of issue either, any warrant containing sensitive information can be classified.

And him not knowing that the warrant permitted a GPS module, he's right to assume he's illegally being tracked.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Thomas001 said:

My memory is that it can depend on the area and the type of warrant, and in what way they are required to impart that information.  In several places it used to be in some cases that they merely had to make the information available, which they will do in the least convenient way possible.  Posted notice at the station, police blotter in a newspaper.  This may be what the Supreme Court case is about: changing old pre Information Age minimum requirements to reflect digital communication. 

This all just sounds like one of those ignorant bully cops trying to get his shit straight.
Got caught with tracking a 'suspect'. Now tries to turn shit around by claiming theft as well.
Clearly suspects privacy was ignored. Thats not a thing? All sounds very iffy.

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

This all just sounds like one of those ignorant bully cops trying to get his shit straight.
Got caught with tracking a 'suspect'. Now tries to turn shit around by claiming theft as well.

There was a warrant permitting the GPS tracker. The second paragraph says that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Define “all”.  To me it sounds pretty technical.  The whole state Supreme Court involvement though implies something may change in Indiana.

I dont know, i bet its just different mentalities about how law enforcement should work.

here is the thing

if its a court ordering a gps tracker with the accused knowing about and its apart of the terms of not being in prison, its then like removing an ankle bracelet, which that then is also vandalism of government property.

but if no court ordered the tracker, then it would be a criminal act on the government side

however the government and especially police are corrupt and no charges will be laid on no police or authority

what they also love to do, is screw people over, time and time again its been proven so

the general way the d.a. works is they can charge you with anything and everything without any proof, its to scare the defendant into copping a plea bargain so the d.a. can clear the file and look good to get re-elected. its just a game that is played, and no justice is not equal. laws are not equal because crack cocaine and powder cocaine are the exact same chemical makeup, yet blacks get longer stiffer sentences then white powder noses.

3 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

here is the thing

if its a court ordering a gps tracker with the accused knowing about and its apart of the terms of not being in prison, its then like removing an ankle bracelet, which that then is also vandalism of government property.

but if no court ordered the tracker, then it would be a criminal act on the government side

however the government and especially police are corrupt and no charges will be laid on no police or authority

what they also love to do, is screw people over, time and time again its been proven so

the general way the d.a. works is they can charge you with anything and everything without any proof, its to scare the defendant into copping a plea bargain so the d.a. can clear the file and look good to get re-elected. its just a game that is played, and no justice is not equal. laws are not equal because crack cocaine and powder cocaine are the exact same chemical makeup, yet blacks get longer stiffer sentences then white powder noses.

Goes to @HanZie82’s last comment I think.  Does one preassume corruption?  I know a guy who works for the DEA.  White collar division.  Morale there is terrible.  The last case I heard about there was a guy who formed a business to make and sell counterfeit Oxy.  No time release container, so basically just oral heroin.  He made over a million pills.

The government had him cold.  They pulled a sting on him and caught him selling them.  His punishment?  No jail time, no community service, no fine even.  He just had to stop making them for six months.  That’s it.  That’s all.  They literally couldn’t do anything else, because it was a business.

Lehto posted a good video explaining the problems with this case and the dangerous precedent it sets assuming the courts don't side with the defendant on the GPS side of the charges.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wouldn't this be covered under entrapment laws? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Lehto posted a good video explaining the problems with this case and the dangerous precedent it sets assuming the courts don't side with the defendant on the GPS side of the charges.

This changes absolutely everything.

There was a whole heckuva lot missing.

3 warrants not two and two different locations.

the third warrant being based on a single piece of paraphanalia implies the guy might have been on probation in the first place.  Probation would also change everything.

No sympathy for meth dealing jabronis

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

meth dealing is no different then prescription medicine companies

Except for the fact that those companies are fairly heavily regulated.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

Except pharma gets taxpayer subsidies...

?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Did the person know that they planted a gps tracker on his car? Did they tell him?

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

10 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

I’m remembering that half ton gigantic heroin spoon guerilla art piece some sculptor left at the doorstep of a pharma corporation

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/technology/giant-heroin-spoon-sculpture-appears-another-drugmakers-doorstep

5 minutes ago, KhandakeF said:

Did the person know that they planted a gps tracker on his car? Did they tell him?

In light of @mr moose’s video I’m not sure that’s what this is even about.  It’s about them getting a warrant based on them not finding the tracker  on his car.