Needing help to build a gaming server

Hi!

I wanted a gaming server since a little while, mostly to handle a Minecraft server. I have a really tight budget (about 300$ CAN), so I started shopping on Ebay, and I found a couple of parts that might be interesting:

Ebay

CPU: Intel Xeon X5570 @ 2.93GHz, 11,81$ CAN (Shipping included)

Motherboard: Chinese X58 DDR3 ECC motherboard, 65$ CAN (Free Shipping)

RAM: IBM 49Y1446 ECC 2x4GB @ 1333MHz, 16,20$ CAN (Free Shipping)

CPU Cooler: LGA 775/115x/1366 compatible 4 heatpipes 92mm fan, 23.87$ CAN (Free Shipping)

Amazon

Case: Rosewill SCM-01, 36.99$ CAN (Free Shipping)

PSU: EVGA 4 N1 400W, 55.32$ CAN (Free Shipping)

Note: The server will likely run on Windows 10 Pro

Will it run okay or should I consider something else?

If you have other suggestions that can be more viable for the server or cheaper, you can tell me here.

Thanks!

EDIT: This topic is not whether or not I should build or rent a Minecraft server, it is to ask if this build will be working or not, I won't rent a Minecraft server.

Edited by RedEdain
Clarification

For $300 you could probably rent a 100 slot Minecraft server for multiple years and not have to deal with electricity bills.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

For $300 you could probably rent a 100 slot Minecraft server for multiple years and not have to deal with electricity bills.

Actually most 100 slot servers will run you around $30-$50 a month depending on the provider but a home minecraft server won't have DDOS protection, redundancy, etc. and much better bandwidth and reliability. I still agree renting a server from somewhere is a much better idea than home hosting.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Dont run windows for this setup, just run linux and setup pterodactyl or if you dont want to have to go through a lengthy setup (in some cases) use something like amp (ONLY FOR PERSONAL USE AT THE MOMENT), also your better off not using old hardware like this and to just run a cheap ryzen and upgrade as you see fit.

?????

Do you remember the
21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away