Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk

Go to solution Solved by boggy77,
2 minutes ago, MrSushi said:

It actually is the MAX version, so i dont need to worry about bios?

Yeah don't worry, it will work

Hello.

I am building a new PC and I have heard that there needs to some kind of a BIOS update done when combining new generation of ryzen cpus with MSI B450 Tomahawk. I am using Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk. Do I need to do any bios updates before putting the cpu into the motherboard socket or can I start building the PC straight away?

Thank you very much for replying.

Hello.

I am building a new PC and I have heard that there needs to some kind of a BIOS update done when combining new generation of ryzen cpus with MSI B450 Tomahawk. I am using Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk. Do I need to do any bios updates before putting the cpu into the motherboard socket or can I start building the PC straight away?

Thank you very much for replying.

Do you already have the motherboard? If not, get the tomahawk MAX version. It won't need an update

Just now, boggy77 said:

Do you already have the motherboard? If not, get the tomahawk MAX version. It won't need an update

Yes I am currently in the process of building the PC, I already own the components.

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yep

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Yeah don't worry, it will work

even if it wasn't max the Tomahawk has a bios flash feature you can use without a CPU iirc, but if its max then you are good to go