USB Flash Drives

So, I browsed ebay searching for USB flash drives, and a lot of 2TB drives came up and some of them even stated 3.0 USB standart. Most of the listings were from China (not any speciefic region), and most of them even had the USB certification. I thought it was fishy but because of the shear volume of listings I assumed they were legit, so I orderd one (for the price of 7 usd) and actually got it in time, a rare accoruns on Ebay, I hooked it to my pc and got about 15 MB/s trasfer speed.

SanDisk 128GB flash drives cost about 20 usd with transfer speed of 100 MB/s transfer speed, so Sandisk flash drives transfer speed is 5x the cheap ebay one but its capacity is 18x lower, so it doesn't make any sense to buy it in 3x the price.

Excuse my english it's not my first langauge, I would like to here your thoughts about how can a Chinese company can make 2TB flash drives and sell them for 7 usd, and why is a company like SanDisk be so behind.

3 minutes ago, BestBurritoSeller said:

I would like to here your thoughts about how can a Chinese company can make 2TB flash drives and sell them for 7 usd, and why is a company like SanDisk be so behind.

It's fake.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, BestBurritoSeller said:

So, I browsed ebay searching for USB flash drives, and a lot of 2TB drives came up and some of them even stated 3.0 USB standart. Most of the listings were from China (not any speciefic region), and most of them even had the USB certification. I thought it was fishy but because of the shear volume of listings I assumed they were legit, so I orderd one (for the price of 7 usd) and actually got it in time, a rare accoruns on Ebay, I hooked it to my pc and got about 15 MB/s trasfer speed.

SanDisk 128GB flash drives cost about 20 usd with transfer speed of 100 MB/s transfer speed, so Sandisk flash drives transfer speed is 5x the cheap ebay one but its capacity is 18x lower, so it doesn't make any sense to buy it in 3x the price.

Excuse my english it's not my first langauge, I would like to here your thoughts about how can a Chinese company can make 2TB flash drives and sell them for 7 usd, and why is a company like SanDisk be so behind.

sometimes the storage ammount is modified and after it gets to a certain amount it just overwrites itself, i think linus got an sd card a while back that had a large amount of storage and it showed up but after a small amount of data went across it screwed up, basically a fake

48 minutes ago, BestBurritoSeller said:

--SNIP--

You need to learn some media-criticism skills. That is, don't believe everything you see/hear/read and keep in mind that 99.9% of the time, if something sounds too good to be true, it is not real.

When it comes to tech like PC-parts, USB-drives/-sticks etc., if the thing has much, MUCH better specs than other similar things while costing less, you can pretty much guarantee it's some sort of a fake or scam. And yes, eBay, Amazon, Alibaba, Aliexpress etc. are chock-full of scams and fakes, so always assume anything you buy there or see there is fake.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

There is a phrase that comes to mind. 

"If it seems to good to be true, it's probably fake."

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I assumed it's fake but it does what it states so far, the only thing is that it might not function while passing a surten data size.

Essentially their firmware is hacked to misreport, and when it runs out of space on the flash chip it overwrites the data in a loop.

They tend to use ultra cheap flash modules and low capacity modules at that.

LTT did a video on a Chinese "1024GB" Micro SD card.

1TB Micro SDs and Flash Drives do exist btw, but naturally are super expensive.