Gamepads WTF

ReadyPlayerOne

I usually use 2 gamepads on win 10, one for me and one for my brother, the problem is on games seems one to be recognised as main  gamepad and the other one as secondary, and i cannot use the secondary if the other one is plugged, i have to unplug the other one an reboot windows to use the second one, i.e. with doom if i turn on the pc with both gamepads plugged i can use only one of them, if my borther want to play with his gamepad he cannot without unplug mine and reboot the pc, same happen with other games.

If you are curious why we play with 2 different gamepad is because i want to play with a wired gamepad and he prefear a wireless one.

Both gamepad are from logitech, i've also tryed to switch the wireless gamepad with another logitech wired, but the issue is still there and still the same, i've also tryed on different usb ports with no success

Do you know why this happen or if there is a solution?

19 minutes ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

I usually use 2 gamepads on win 10, one for me and one for my brother, the problem is on games seems one to be recognised as main  gamepad and the other one as secondary, and i cannot use the secondary if the other one is plugged, i have to unplug the other one an reboot windows to use the second one, i.e. with doom if i turn on the pc with both gamepads plugged i can use only one of them, if my borther want to play with his gamepad he cannot without unplug mine and reboot the pc, same happen with other games.

If you are curious why we play with 2 different gamepad is because i want to play with a wired gamepad and he prefear a wireless one.

Both gamepad are from logitech, i've also tryed to switch the wireless gamepad with another logitech wired, but the issue is still there and still the same, i've also tryed on different usb ports with no success

Do you know why this happen or if there is a solution?

Gamepad functionality is totally up to the game developer to implement,a bad implementation can cause some of the problems you described,

As for the problem of needing to restart the PC,did you try disconnecting and connecting the connection of the wireless gamepad? 

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Gamepad functionality is totally up to the game developer to implement,a bad implementation can cause some of the problems you described,

As for the problem of needing to restart the PC,did you try disconnecting and connecting the connection of the wireless gamepad? 

I tried to unplug and plug the gamepad, sometime it works even if i'm inside the game and sometime close the game and open up again is useless and i have to reboot

Just now, ReadyPlayerOne said:

I tried to unplug and plug the gamepad, sometime it works even if i'm inside the game and sometime close the game and open up again is useless and i have to reboot

Could be a problem with Windows,or the drives of the gamepad.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

Could be a problem with Windows,or the drives of the gamepad.

I agree, the problem is there is no downlodable driver for my gamepads

Just now, ReadyPlayerOne said:

I agree, the problem is there is no downlodable driver for my gamepads

What gamepads do you use?

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

What gamepads do you use?

Logitech f710 and logitech f310. My trials were made with both and another f310

1 hour ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Logitech f710 and logitech f310. My trials were made with both and another f310

Logitech f710 driver:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024703714--Downloads-Wireless-Gamepad-F710

Logitech f310 driver:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024848953--Downloads-Gamepad-F310