.msop extension ransomware

Yoshizawa Kinji

is there any possible way to recover my infected files by the .msop extension ransomware? my pendrive that has my work files and also my school work projects i would appreciate any reply from the community thank you. ❤️image.png.d81f424f0eec4199f0137e9763895c6f.png

Edited by Yoshizawa Kinji
forgot the screenshot

This article outlines some information and procedures to follow:

https://geeksadvice.com/remove-msop-ransomware-virus/

It appears that you may or may not be able to recover the files depending on how the virus acted on your system.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This article outlines some information and procedures to follow:

https://geeksadvice.com/remove-msop-ransomware-virus/

It appears that you may or may not be able to recover the files depending on how the virus acted on your system.

i inserted my pendrive on a unit from a net cafe near my friend's house and when i went and checked my files they all have the .msop extension

4 minutes ago, Yoshizawa Kinji said:

i inserted my pendrive on a unit from a net cafe near my friend's house and when i went and checked my files they all have the .msop extension

According to the article, the file necessary to determine your decryption key will be placed on the root of C:\, so unless you can return to that computer and access it (assuming it even exists anymore, or did to begin with), you are sadly out of luck.

Alternatively you can pay the $490 USD or whatever it is they've demanded in the _readme file, but this is expensive, provides no guarantee it will actually get your files back, and directly funds criminals so they can continue doing this to more people.  As a result, it's strongly discouraged, but I am obligated to mention it for the sake of completeness.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.