KD25F vs. XL2456 (Battle of 240hz)

Tech4Dogs

Christmas is coming up and I'd like to buy myself a new monitor. Last night I tested my reaction times (humanbenchmark.com) on my ASUS PG279Q 144hz and my Samsung UE590 60hz 4k monitor. After about 30 tests on each monitor my reaction time was TWICE as fast on the 144hz panel. When using the 144hz monitor I'm seeing enemy's on my screen a full 0.1 seconds faster than my 60hz.  That's an incredible advantage over players with 60HZ panels. I'm looking forward to testing the 240hz to see how much my speeds improve. I realize it won't be as drastic as 60hz to 144hz. 

If any of you that have multiple monitors with different refresh rates feel free to post your results here. Just wondering the average variance in reaction time between different refresh rate panels.  I used humanbenchmark.com because they seem to be the standard for reaction time testing. 

Now my main question is which one (KD25F vs. XL2456) is better in terms of gaming performance? or what would you buy?

Aorus KDF25F

YiZunbE.jpg

BenQ XL2456

kFNGsuZ.jpg

Pretty much all the youtube reviews say that the Aorus KDF25F is a better monitor and has a slightly faster actual response time when tested. I just don't understand why the BenQ XL2456 is the overwhelming choice for esports gamers when the KD25F is $100 cheaper. Maybe it's cause the KDF25F is newer it's not as wide spread?

I'm open to other choices of high performance monitors as long as it's 240hz. I would like to stick around $500 though. 

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry im a bit late with my reply.

A reason why esport gamers choose the BenQ XL2456  apart from sponsoring is because they want to use the same Monitor at home which they have to use on Events. 

Since the BenQ can handle Black Frame Insertion without altering the image brightness drastically it gets used on Tournaments/Events to give the players who prefer to use this Feature (DyaC) the opportunity to do so.

The KD25F is better in everything than the XL2456 but the BFI feature (called Aim stabliliser). So if you want to use that feature permanently "sometimes called ELMB/ULMB" you may want to go with the BenQ. If you just want the fastest 240hz panel you can get, you should look into these monitors: acer Nitro XF252Q, Acer XN253QX or HP Omen X25F. IF you want to use the features of the KD25F like the adjustable crosshair or pic in pic feature you should get it.

Another fast panel would be the ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q but its build with a quite old Panel, you should concentrate on the newer Monitors with upgraded panels for better overall "picture quality" while being fast.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |