Asus aura has stopped working

So I have been fighting with asus aura for a while now, ever since I got my gtx 1080 strix the effects are just choppy, ive uninstalled it easily 25 times and it still wont work, so I decided to update the bios(successfully) and now it wont even launch, it just says asus aura has stopped workingimage.png.e503a5973af533b85869461ad038eeef.pngand then it just closes, I have no idea why and have no idea what to do, I cant find anything online that helps. any help would be much appreciated!

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

31 minutes ago, Connor McG said:

ever since I got my gtx 1080 strix the effects are just choppy

asus aura is just a controller for the physical lights on the machine and shouldn't have anything to do with choppiness you may be getting. have you checked the temps or usages on the machine during games?

1 hour ago, emosun said:

asus aura is just a controller for the physical lights on the machine and shouldn't have anything to do with choppiness you may be getting. have you checked the temps or usages on the machine during games?

yes and the temps are fine, the cpu is never high either, so that shouldnt be the cause, whats odd is if I use the unlink button in aura for the video card they go smooth, but as soon as I use it it goes choppy

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

but now im just concerned as to why it wont start

It's very sad that ASUS has such a poor RGB program (lighting service) and if you don't set it on like solid it uses a lot of cpu power.

If they just invested a bit more in their software (and not only in AURA) they could become so great.

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

8 hours ago, Relph84 said:

It's very sad that ASUS has such a poor RGB program (lighting service) and if you don't set it on like solid it uses a lot of cpu power.

If they just invested a bit more in their software (and not only in AURA) they could become so great.

yeah, do you know any fixes for the problems im having? my cpu is plenty powerful(ryzen 1600x)

15 hours ago, Connor McG said:

yeah, do you know any fixes for the problems im having? my cpu is plenty powerful(ryzen 1600x)

Well the only solution is to set it to solid atm.

That way it's uses less cpu power.

Let's hope they put some more people to improve and fix their software.

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

On 12/8/2019 at 8:56 AM, Relph84 said:

Well the only solution is to set it to solid atm.

That way it's uses less cpu power.

Let's hope they put some more people to improve and fix their software.

I cant even open aura or uninstall it

On 12/10/2019 at 10:52 PM, Connor McG said:

I cant even open aura or uninstall it

Download the program and install it again and see if it show any options like remove or repair.

If it just shows install, then install it and try to uninstall it after that. Maybe that can fix it.

9 hours ago, Relph84 said:

Download the program and install it again and see if it show any options like remove or repair.

If it just shows install, then install it and try to uninstall it after that. Maybe that can fix it.

all it says when I download and run it is that it has a catostrophic error