Audio only working through monitor

lieful

Randomly about once a couple of months I have an issue where my front and back audio jacks do not work and are not shown up in my audio control panel at all. The only thing I see there is NVIDIA HIgh Definition audio which are the ports from my monitor. For some reason there are 4 but I don't think that matters.

When this happens my Realtek HD Audio Manager is gone. Its not on my computer, and looking through Device manager I do not see anything with realtek or anything that isnt NVIDIA in my audio list. Also in device manager, One of the High definition Audio Controllers under System Devices has an error sign with Code 10 - this device cannot start. Updating or rolling back drivers or doing literally everything imaginable in device manager hasn't done anything for me.

I have tried turning the HD Audio on and off in BIOS, that has not done anything.

I've using the back audio jacks, nothing.

I've tried to install drivers from every possible place, including the godawful realtek official chinese website that gives you your link through email after you complete 192 captchas. When I install the drivers into a folder and click on rgngui64.exe or whatever it is nothing happens. At all. HD Audio Manager doesnt show up in control panel either

This issue normally goes away somehow after a couple of days but it hasnt for a week this time. Is there anything else I could try to do? I don't think it is a hardware issue since it has somehow solved itself multiple times.

8 hours ago, lieful said:

Randomly about once a couple of months I have an issue where my front and back audio jacks do not work and are not shown up in my audio control panel at all. The only thing I see there is NVIDIA HIgh Definition audio which are the ports from my monitor. For some reason there are 4 but I don't think that matters.

When this happens my Realtek HD Audio Manager is gone. Its not on my computer, and looking through Device manager I do not see anything with realtek or anything that isnt NVIDIA in my audio list. Also in device manager, One of the High definition Audio Controllers under System Devices has an error sign with Code 10 - this device cannot start. Updating or rolling back drivers or doing literally everything imaginable in device manager hasn't done anything for me.

I have tried turning the HD Audio on and off in BIOS, that has not done anything.

I've using the back audio jacks, nothing.

I've tried to install drivers from every possible place, including the godawful realtek official chinese website that gives you your link through email after you complete 192 captchas. When I install the drivers into a folder and click on rgngui64.exe or whatever it is nothing happens. At all. HD Audio Manager doesnt show up in control panel either

This issue normally goes away somehow after a couple of days but it hasnt for a week this time. Is there anything else I could try to do? I don't think it is a hardware issue since it has somehow solved itself multiple times.

Try updating the bios and then reinstalling drivers again after that.