PC under $1000 (US)

Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
6 minutes ago, AGoodNut said:

So would you suggest ~24’’ 1080 or just aim for 1440 resolution?

With that 1650 gpu the small monitor would be the resolution you would be gaming at.  It’s the art that might make a difference.  If you got a higher resolution monitor it would be more useful only for the drawing.

Depends on how you work and what your end result is going to be used for.  Your tablet doesn’t have a screen on it.  Some do these days. you’ll be drawing when looking at the monitor.

Generally for content creating such as drawing, also web browsing and streaming, just some minor gaming like Undertale stuff like that.  

Are you asking for someone to create one for you?  Drawing would require a digitizing pad and software.  Is that part already taken care of?  The requirements of the software need to be factored in. Also monitor requirements unless that is also taken care of.  If it is then particulars about the monitor need to be factored in.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

12 minutes ago, AGoodNut said:

Generally for content creating such as drawing, also web browsing and streaming, just some minor gaming like Undertale stuff like that.  

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Team GX1 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $574.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-06 23:20 EST-0500

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

29 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Are you asking for someone to create one for you?  Drawing would require a digitizing pad and software.  Is that part already taken care of?  The requirements of the software need to be factored in. Also monitor requirements unless that is also taken care of.  If it is then particulars about the monitor need to be factored in.

Sure, yeah I was kind of asking people to help me create a chart for me,  for the drawing pad I aimed down XP-PEN Deco 01 and gonna using the clip studio paint as a software. For the monitor I am still questioning about it, I would say 24-27'' with 1080 resolution is my basic.

7 minutes ago, AGoodNut said:

Sure, yeah I was kind of asking people to help me create a chart for me,  for the drawing pad I aimed down XP-PEN Deco 01 and gonna using the clip studio paint as a software. For the monitor I am still questioning about it, I would say 27-30'' with 1080 resolution is my basic.

A 27-30” 1080p monitor is going to be kinda fuzzy.  More of a TV than a monitor.  You could still game in 1080p with a higher Rez monitor though. Aim for a 1440p monitor for the art software and set Rez in your games below that maybe. @i_build_nanosuits produced a good jumping off point.  It leaves ~$400 to play with. It’s pretty hard to get under it.  It may even need to go up.  I don’t know if the 1650 will accept Nvidia studio drivers.  They improve color accuracy.  You probably won’t need more card for the software though you might.

You don’t need high refresh rate.  monitors suddenly get a lot more expensive if one goes over 27”. Color accuracy over speed generally means IPS. $200-300. +3 grand if you want a big 4K. closer to $150 if you want 1080p.  don’t know if your digitizing tablet and software are in the budget and what they cost.  The budget may already be blown. The software may have minimum requirements and may only play nice with certain video cards.  It should be checked.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

A 27-30” 1080p monitor is going to be kinda fuzzy.  More of a TV than a monitor.  You could still game in 1080p with a higher Rez monitor though. Aim for a 1440p monitor for the art software and set Rez in your games below that maybe. @i_build_nanosuits produced a good jumping off point.  It leaves ~$400 to play with. It’s pretty hard to get under it.  It may even need to go up.  I don’t know if the 1650 will accept Nvidia studio drivers.  They improve color accuracy.  You probably won’t need more card for the software though you might.

You don’t need high refresh rate.  monitors suddenly get a lot more expensive if one goes over 27”. Color accuracy over speed generally means IPS. $200-300. +3 grand if you want a big 4K. closer to $150 if you want 1080p.  don’t know if your digitizing tablet and software are in the budget and what they cost.  The budget may already be blown. The software may have minimum requirements and may only play nice with certain video cards.  It should be checked.

6 minutes ago, AGoodNut said:

With that 1650 gpu the small monitor would be the resolution you would be gaming at.  It’s the art that might make a difference.  If you got a higher resolution monitor it would be more useful only for the drawing.

Depends on how you work and what your end result is going to be used for.  Your tablet doesn’t have a screen on it.  Some do these days. you’ll be drawing when looking at the monitor.

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Alright thanks man I would just go for 1440, the budget will be still round $800 after everything sums up(include the pad and the software), so it’s still not too bad, it just the monitor consumes the big part of it 

10 minutes ago, AGoodNut said:

Alright thanks man I would just go for 1440, the budget will be still round $800 after everything sums up(include the pad and the software), so it’s still not too bad, it just the monitor consumes the big part of it 

maybe consider a better graphics cards if you plan to play more games in the future...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

12 minutes ago, AGoodNut said:

Could have been the digitizer. A Wacom with a screen in it can cost a lot more.  If you drop the drawing you could get a bigger video card and game on the full Rez of the monitor, and if the drawing becomes a profession you’ll be dropping the money for a card on a Wacom cintiq Pro or something.  It’s a half and half solution.