PC won't turn on

aj101202

Guys please help, my previous working gaming PC that I was using earlier is now no longer powering on. 

The led next to the 24pin on the motherboard is still lit up and I can see the ethernet leds blinking away. 

I've tried re seating the cables 24 pin and 8 pin 

The power switch is still connected to the board 

Not sure what else to check 

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

8 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

msi Krait.PNG

I don't think my motherboard has thoose its an msi board 

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

8 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

msi Krait.PNG

Sorry Found them but no lights. I press power button and nothing happens. 

Update I have tried a different PSU but still absolutely nothing happens when I press the power button :( does this mean my motherboard is dead? 

Do you have any way to check if the Power supply is still fully functional?

Just read your post. You could also try shorting out the pins on the mainboard itself that connect to the power button (Just pull the 2 Pin power button connector off and connect the 2 pins. Maybe your power button itself is broken or stuck.

Just now, TheBluePotato said:

I've just tried my system with an old known working power supply and exactly the same thing happens 

3 minutes ago, TheBluePotato said:

Just read your post. You could also try shorting out the pins on the mainboard itself that connect to the power button (Just pull the 2 Pin power button connector off and connect the 2 pins. Maybe your power button itself is broken or stuck.

Just tried that and still nothing 

Maybe far fetched, but do you have another CPU with the same socket or another mainboard to test?

If the power supply is fully functional it might be a shot CPU or Mainboard. Although If you say that most Lights on the mainbaord are still working, I would check if the CPU is working first. Maybe you have a friend with the same socket Mainboard you could test it in? (If you should do that, make sure to unplug his Operating System drive. Windows doesn't like CPU hot-swaps)

29 minutes ago, TheBluePotato said:

Maybe far fetched, but do you have another CPU with the same socket or another mainboard to test?

If the power supply is fully functional it might be a shot CPU or Mainboard. Although If you say that most Lights on the mainbaord are still working, I would check if the CPU is working first. Maybe you have a friend with the same socket Mainboard you could test it in? (If you should do that, make sure to unplug his Operating System drive. Windows doesn't like CPU hot-swaps)

I don't know anyone with a z170 motherboard. :(My old pc is a z77 my girlfriends is a z77 my friends is much newer than mine 

Took out the motherboard looks to be two what look like wet patches under where the vrms are. Is this a leaking capacitor? 

15757130931315517590400062984456.jpg