On board storage functionality for the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 and Cooler master MasterKeys MK750

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

On my Masterkeys Pro S (which is kind of the series before the MK750) I can set up lighting modes and macros on the keyboard itself, without the aid of any software. It can also have up to 4 profiles, which are saved on-board (just tried this, by making a macro and plugging my keyboard into my laptop. It retained the same light mode and same macro).

The macros cannot be made from the software and it's kind of a basic macro mode too.. I would still prefer AHK for actual macros.

Looks like the MK750 also has 4 profiles:

image.png.2f036541677c9222fb2fe55f111e5de6.png

(can switch to them with fn + profile button).

image.png.3f5c2b4690532755cb77370bf5217feb.png

Fn+F11 will start recording a macro, Fn+F12 will delete a macro. See this video for a clear demonstration of that:

(Shoutout to all who understand the macro chosen).

I’m thinking of getting either the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 or the Cooler master MasterKeys MK750. I’ve filtered about 20 keyboards down to come to these two for a number of other reasons.

However I’m very fussy about software to setup macros and other advanced settings. What I want is software I can install once, set up my macros and settings then uninstall the software and have my settings saved on the keyboards onboard memory forever. I refuse to have software running at all times or have a cloud sync feature.

The Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 has 8MB of on board storage and the Cooler master MasterKeys MK750 has 512KB which is a lot less.

The question is can both of these keyboards have it so that when I install the software I can set all my macros and settings once, then uninstall the software forever and have the saved settings on the keyboards on board storage?

I think the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 can as it states the number of on board profiles available is 3, but I’m not sure if this is the case, and for the Cooler master MasterKeys MK750 I have no idea. (i am aware that the MK750 can change colours without software with the function keys, but not macros as far as i'm aware)

If anyone owns either of these keyboards would you be able to tell me if what I’m trying to do is possible?

Thanks

On my Masterkeys Pro S (which is kind of the series before the MK750) I can set up lighting modes and macros on the keyboard itself, without the aid of any software. It can also have up to 4 profiles, which are saved on-board (just tried this, by making a macro and plugging my keyboard into my laptop. It retained the same light mode and same macro).

The macros cannot be made from the software and it's kind of a basic macro mode too.. I would still prefer AHK for actual macros.

Fn+F11 will start recording a macro, Fn+F12 will delete a macro. See this video for a clear demonstration of that:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 12/6/2019 at 10:42 PM, minibois said:

Excellent, that's even better than I wanted. Thanks for testing this out. I did actually have a look at the keyboard you have in the Large (L) version but it seems that the MK750 is newer as it has USB type C and raised key switches, amoungst other features.