Please Help, GPU won’t fit in my motherboard, but PCPartpicker says the parts are compatible

My  ASUS RTX 2070 Super Dual OC either won’t fit in my motherboard or I’m doing something wrong. I have the ASUS Prime Z390P.

1 minute ago, YELLOWSUPERCAR23 said:

My  ASUS RTX 2070 Super Dual OC either won’t fit in my motherboard or I’m doing something wrong. I have the ASUS Prime Z390P.

It should fit the MB, is it not going into the slot? Is there a retaining clip on the MB? Is it hitting something on the board?

I guarantee you it fits, it's a PCIe slot.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

or I’m doing something wrong

This. Take some pictures.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

4 minutes ago, Juular said:

This. Take some pictures.

wonder if he's trying to put it in the ram slot ?

weve all made mistakes as begginers

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

wonder if he's trying to put it in the ram slot ?

weve all made mistakes as begginers

Well i've seen some posts like that but didn't see any actual pictures so i'm bloody curious how you can not fit the GPU in PCIe slot lol.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Well i've seen some posts like that but didn't see any actual pictures so i'm bloody curious how you can not fit the GPU in PCIe slot lol.

me to, i remember seeing an old video on ltt where they had to cut a chunk used to lock in the graphics carb because the mobo didnt lock the graphics card in, but it would be weird to see that on conventional parts 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I’m retarded and didn’t realize that there was something covering the graphics card, the piece of plastic.

3 minutes ago, YELLOWSUPERCAR23 said:

I’m retarded and didn’t realize that there was something covering the graphics card, the piece of plastic.

Ah, the age-old "forgot about the protective plastic"

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

But the 2 pin power cable that came with the case, I don’t understand where on the panel I am going to put it in. The instructions say that the third one to the top is the one for power switch, but it’s only 1 pin