Optiplex 9020 turns on, no bios, no power to usbs

Fungal

I just bought a used optiplex 9020 sff that was reported as working. It has an i5 4590 and two 4gb sticks of ddr3. The issue with the pc is that there is no video output and the usbs on the motherboard and front io aren't getting power. I have a displayport cable connected to the motherboard (no gpu installed), and whenever I turn it on I get a black screen for a second as if the monitor recognizes a device was turned on. When i turn the pc on the power led goes orange for a second then turns to white. I held the power supply button which ramped up the fans and the psu led was green. I removed both ram sticks and the motherboard started beeping. I tried with each ram stick individually and still got the same issues, no display and usbs still aren't working. I tried flashing the bios but the usbs aren't working so that didn't work. Took out the cmos battery gave it 10 minutes and reset it back in, still same issues. I even tried without the cmos battery in the motherboard. Also to note, I have been trying without the cd drive or ssd plugged in.

What can I do. I have a 30 day return window, but I got a pretty good deal on this so I'd rather fix it if I can. Posted this on the dell forums but it doesn't look too active. 

28 minutes ago, Fungal said:

optiplex 9020 sff

Check the connector to the front USB ports, if it's anything like the ones I have here at work, the cable has frayed and split, and breaks.

The other issue is probably a failing power supply.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Can you try with different RAM? I once got (for free) an Optiplex with ECC RAM that didn't work with said ECC RAM... :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

is the monitor display port, or are you adapting dvi or vga to display port? Is the input on the monitor itself set to display port?

20 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Check the connector to the front USB ports, if it's anything like the ones I have here at work, the cable has frayed and split, and breaks.

The other issue is probably a failing power supply.

Connections are all good, wires are all fine. PSU checker button works but I'm sure there's still a chance it could be the issue. Gonna try everything I can before buying anything.

17 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Can you try with different RAM? I once got (for free) an Optiplex with ECC RAM that didn't work with said ECC RAM... :P

Just tried using a working ddr3 stick from another pc. Still same issues :/

17 minutes ago, F___M said:

is the monitor display port, or are you adapting dvi or vga to display port? Is the input on the monitor itself set to display port?

My motherboard has 2 dp, 1 vga, 1 dvi. I have a display port to display port connection to monitor with no adapters. The monitor is set to displayport. When i turn the pc on the monitor goes to displayport then a black screen for a couple of seconds, switches around to other inputs, then it turns off. I'd use a vga cable but I don't have any in college and buying them in store is overpriced. 

I got a reply over from the dell forums that someone else had an issue using displayport before having drivers and they had to use vga. I was testing my usbs using an older keyboard and a flash drive, neither of which seemed to work. However I just confirmed they worked by charging my calculator and my phone with them. Looks like I need to get a vga cable.