Razer Blade 15 keyboard problem

d-kressjr

Hey,

I've run into a really weird problem (again) with my Blade 15". One time, I just booted it up and the keyboard was completely unresponsive. The track-pad, touchscreen (because its the 4k touch model) were all functional, and I could also connect an external keyboard which would work fine. I checked device manager and noticed there was an error under USB controllers relating to an "Unknown USB controller" device descriptor request failed error. I assumed this was probably the keyboard.

I contacted Razer support and they told me to run the Intel Driver & Support update utility. After I did that, the keyboard started working again. However, after I had to restart it, the keyboard ceased to work again. Weird.

So, I contacted support again and the assistant told me to preform a system reset and reinstall Windows using the recovery image Razer builds in. So I did that which did not solve my problem, but improved it a little. The USB error in device manager disappeared and a few keys on my keyboard started working. However, the majority of the other keys did not work. 

At this point, support told me I needed to send my device in for repair, which is where I caved. This isn't my first issue I've had with my Blade. Before this, I had the touchscreen randomly stop working and I got a Code 45 error in Device Manager. I was told to send it in for repair and it took them 1 week to tell me they didn't have a replacement screen in stock and then it took over 1 month for them to locate and send me a replacement laptop.

So, I don't want to send it in for repair just yet because I don't want to go trough that experience again and because I feel like this issue might be fixable without repair. I've only had this replacement for a month and it has mostly sat on my desk connected to my Razer core. There is absolutely no physical or liquid damage (I know Louis Rossmann always assumes that is a lie, but trust me) and, like I mentioned, my issue has actually improved; First temporarily with the Intel driver and support assistant and secondly with the system reset.

I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this one! Thank you!

Probably a corrupted driver or another application interfering with it

10 hours ago, F Ahmed said:

Probably a corrupted driver or another application interfering with it

I agree, I don't there is a hardware problem with it considering there is no explanation on why there would be a hardware issue.

My question is what should I do now? I have already preformed a system reset so there are absolutely no other programs on it other than the ones that Razer ships it with from the factory.

• 7 months later...
On 12/7/2019 at 4:27 AM, d-kressjr said:

Hey,

I've run into a really weird problem (again) with my Blade 15". One time, I just booted it up and the keyboard was completely unresponsive. The track-pad, touchscreen (because its the 4k touch model) were all functional, and I could also connect an external keyboard which would work fine. I checked device manager and noticed there was an error under USB controllers relating to an "Unknown USB controller" device descriptor request failed error. I assumed this was probably the keyboard.

I contacted Razer support and they told me to run the Intel Driver & Support update utility. After I did that, the keyboard started working again. However, after I had to restart it, the keyboard ceased to work again. Weird.

So, I contacted support again and the assistant told me to preform a system reset and reinstall Windows using the recovery image Razer builds in. So I did that which did not solve my problem, but improved it a little. The USB error in device manager disappeared and a few keys on my keyboard started working. However, the majority of the other keys did not work. 

At this point, support told me I needed to send my device in for repair, which is where I caved. This isn't my first issue I've had with my Blade. Before this, I had the touchscreen randomly stop working and I got a Code 45 error in Device Manager. I was told to send it in for repair and it took them 1 week to tell me they didn't have a replacement screen in stock and then it took over 1 month for them to locate and send me a replacement laptop.

So, I don't want to send it in for repair just yet because I don't want to go trough that experience again and because I feel like this issue might be fixable without repair. I've only had this replacement for a month and it has mostly sat on my desk connected to my Razer core. There is absolutely no physical or liquid damage (I know Louis Rossmann always assumes that is a lie, but trust me) and, like I mentioned, my issue has actually improved; First temporarily with the Intel driver and support assistant and secondly with the system reset.

I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this one! Thank you!

Hello I just had similar issue with my Razer blade 15. Mine B key lights up but with incorrect color!

i reseted the laptop to factory setting, but nothing has fixed ..

hope u found the solution!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, Netsoe said:

Hello.Mine happening too.Did you found a solution?

Me too