Idea: A way to keep your hands warm

Goliath_1911

It`s that time of  year where u are trying to play your favorite game but your hands are getting too cold. You could wear gloves, but some people like me can`t play with them.

So after thinking of several ways to keep your hands warm, i thought why not mod your pc, to take the exhaust heat and make it blow down onto ur keyboard, mouse area.

I lack the expertise to design such a thing , but i am putting this idea out there

a properly crafted (or 3d printed) duct  that funnels your gpu , or cpu air to ur hands , this can work easily with blower gpu cards , and some cpu coolers

this duct could also have a valve that sends the flow to another area if ur hands are getting toasty.

Would love to see someone expand on this idea, or heck even LTT making some janky setup like this!!

3 minutes ago, Goliath_1911 said:

It`s that time of  year where u are trying to play your favorite game but your hands are getting too cold. You could wear gloves, but some people like me can`t play with them.

So after thinking of several ways to keep your hands warm, i thought why not mod your pc, to take the exhaust heat and make it blow down onto ur keyboard, mouse area.

I lack the expertise to design such a thing , but i am putting this idea out there

a properly crafted (or 3d printed) duct  that funnels your gpu , or cpu air to ur hands , this can work easily with blower gpu cards , and some cpu coolers

this duct could also have a valve that sends the flow to another area if ur hands are getting toasty.

Would love to see someone expand on this idea, or heck even LTT making some janky setup like this!!

or you could just turn on the heater. plus the heat would vary based on gpu/cpu usage..

I've actually done this with a "post-it funnel" at my old workplace and redirected the laptops heat over the keyboard. I wrote a small app that kept it running at 100%.

Not really efficient and didn't do too much for my fingers but was fun for a while. Downside: Noisy laptop.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

You might have shit cooling if your exhaust isn't at least somewhat chilly when blowing directly on you.

11 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

or you could just turn on the heater. plus the heat would vary based on gpu/cpu usage..

i keep my heater on , hands still cold :D,

also if ur on pc browsing the net u`ll have an easier time to warm ur hands every now and then, unlike when u`re playing which most likely ur pc will be atleast 50 degrees

i know its kinda silly but a cool idea , i think :P

Just now, Goliath_1911 said:

i keep my heater on , hands still cold :D,

also if ur on pc browsing the net u`ll have an easier time to warm ur hands every now and then, unlike when u`re playing 

i know its kinda silly but a cool idea , i think :P

what if you're computer is liquid cooled.

7 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

what if you're computer is liquid cooled.

that`s why i said this  :)

1 minute ago, Goliath_1911 said:

that`s why i said this  :)

Naw. He's saying it's not gonna be all that warm, and the air flow from the fans alone will cancel out any meaningful source of heat and you'll end up being more cold than before.

12 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

what if your pc is passively cooled

what if my pc exploded?

what if what if?

why u gotta ruin this? :D

Naw. He's saying it's not gonna be all that warm, and the air flow from the fans alone will cancel out any meaningful source of heat and you'll end up being more cold than before.

I don`t know about u , but if i leave my pc running a game for a while ( like a hour ) it can make my room warmer , the cpu is at 50 degree max, but the gpu, some games make it go up to 70 degree, which is warm enough i think

4 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

what if you're broke

Then how'd you afford a PC?

3 minutes ago, Goliath_1911 said:

I don`t know about u , but if i leave my pc running a game for a while ( like a hour ) it can make my room warmer , the cpu is at 50 degree max, but the gpu, some games make it go up to 70 degree, which is warm enough i think

I honestly don't have this issue. And the room I'm in is fairly small.

You could just get a hair dryer that has 2-3 speed settings and leave it running at low speed in front of your mouse pad

Or get a hot air gun and modify the nozzle ..ex: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Professional-3in1-Soldering-Iron-Air-Gun-SMD-Power-Supply-Solder-Kit-Station/312876341915?hash=item48d8e21a9b%3Ag%3Ar0wAAOSwuCBd6e89&LH_BIN=1