Purple Vertical Line

ryane

So my monitor is having this issue that there is a purple vertical line on the left side of my screen. I plugged this into both my desktop and my laptop and the problem still exists. It's even there when there is nothing plugged in as in the picture:

IMG_6568.thumb.jpg.218ad8045f96b0054398570838d94d56.jpg

I tried updating the drivers but everything is up to date and used the reset on the monitor but the problem is still there. The monitor is an LG 27UD68-P. I just turned it on one day and this happened. My thought is that its the LCD panel that's the problem but I want to get another opinion before I send it in for repair or try to fix it myself. Any ideas and solutions?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ryane said:

So my monitor is having this issue that there is a purple vertical line on the left side of my screen. I plugged this into both my desktop and my laptop and the problem still exists. It's even there when there is nothing plugged in as in the picture:

I tried updating the drivers but everything is up to date and used the reset on the monitor but the problem is still there. The monitor is an LG 27UD68-P. I just turned it on one day and this happened. My thought is that its the LCD panel that's the problem but I want to get another opinion before I send it in for repair or try to fix it myself. Any ideas and solutions?

Thanks!

Hardware fault.

it will be the cable connection to the panel itself, possibly the solder joint.

Get it replaced under retail or manufacturer warranty.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

First try the different ports if there are any. I doubt its a problem with the port/cable but its a good idea to rule it out. Its probably hardware damage. But do test it.

Does this show up on black screens too?

If so; stuck ON blue+red pixels

If not; stuck OFF green pixels

Either way, if you had ruled out all other variables (different port, cable, device on the other end), it's a physical failure of the panel. Go for an RMA.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

16 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Hardware fault.

it will be the cable connection to the panel itself, possibly the solder joint.

Get it replaced under retail or manufacturer warranty.

That is something I was hoping to avoid. Would it possible to do a fix myself?

12 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

First try the different ports if there are any. I doubt its a problem with the port/cable but its a good idea to rule it out. Its probably hardware damage. But do test it.

The issue persists even without the ports plugged in.

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Does this show up on black screens too?

If so; stuck ON blue+red pixels

If not; stuck OFF green pixels

Either way, if you had ruled out all other variables (different port, cable, device on the other end), it's a physical failure of the panel. Go for an RMA.

Ya. I also tried applying pressure on the side of the monitor where the line is but it doesn't even budge.

15 minutes ago, ryane said:

Would it possible to do a fix myself?

I wouldnt recommend trying. Its the kind of repair that can very easily make things a ALOT worse, and easily voids any warranty u may have left.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |