CPU (AMD Ryzen 3600x) making weird sound

I recently build a new computer, everything seems to be working well. However, there's one issue with the CPU cooler fan. It makes this weird sound (see audio file attached).

I have looked at potential cables hitting the fan or a screw not being placed well, however it all seems fine. (see picture of CPU)

Does anyone here know what to do about this issue? 

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-06 at 2.40.58 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Audio 2019-12-06 at 12.08.03 PM.aac

@Visionn312Do you mean the quiet ticking noise?

This is the VRM coil whine, it is quite normal.

It may be because of the motherboard, or the PSU, or both.

@1van Yes, I am talking about the ticking noise. It is quite annoying and actually quite loud which you cannot hear too well over the audio recording.

Is there anything I can do to lower or remove the sound?

Also, when I stop the fan of the CPU the sound is gone

hmmmmm, it sounds like something is hitting the fan.  It doesn't sound like something is hitting it to much, obviously not enough to impact the performance of the fan, but just enough.  

What you need to to is learn if it's a fan blade hitting something, or something hitting the fan blade.  There could be a burr of some sort on one of the fan blades.  I think that's less likely though because the ticking isn't in a consistent rhythm.  So, whatever is causing it is also being effected by the fan blade spinning.  Since it's such a high pitch, it's going to be something very small. 

Once you find it, you could easily file it off. 

The worst case would be that it's coming from inside the fan, and there is something very small bouncing around inside it.  Giving the random nature of the sound, this is what I'd be betting on as the culprit.  

Thank you for your help. 

I also think this is the issue. I am going to buy a different CPU cooler, considering they are not too expensive, which will hopefully resolve the issue as I went through the entire fan and couldn't find anything that hits it. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, 1van said:

@Visionn312Do you mean the quiet ticking noise?

This is the VRM coil whine, it is quite normal.

It may be because of the motherboard, or the PSU, or both.

hey can anyone tell me how to stop the ticking i have the same issue but it stops it starts and its not the fan its comething from the cpui got it new from best buy the ryzen 5 3600 and i choose that one because of the fact i am going to make my nephew a pc but really any way to stop it also is there some way to improve performance on the rx 5500xt8gb i want to get better frame rate but also detail