I haven't done a build since 2009!

Metha

I have been using the same computer for the past decade and while it still works and runs damn near everything it's really time to upgrade. I decided on a AMD-ITX build and while I really don't need most of what I selected I figure why not, especially if I plan on keeping it for another 10 years.

The things I'm really not sure about:

Power supply - I know all I really need is a 550/600 watt but the price isn't too bad for the 750.

Graphics card - I am admittedly really bad at picking these but seems like a solid card though a bit on the expensive side

CPU cooler - I didn't add one yet but I am considering the NOCTUA NH-L9i or if it fits Noctua NH-U9S

Secondary M.2 slot - the board has a secondary slot on the bottom so I was considering to just fill it now rather than later but with what or just forget about it?

All in all the total cost will be about $1,900US so really I'm all for suggestions on what you would come up with for an ITX build with a similar budget?

Untitled.thumb.png.7ea7dc97cc3b96e1a117cb3cd6b9e998.png

11 minutes ago, Metha said:

Hello,

What do you plan to do with your build ?

Mainly I use my computer to run my business so a lot of office programs, remoting in, heavy multitasking (I have 12gb of ram and as I write this I am sitting at 82% usage) but I also have a massive media library (around 14TB) that I like stream throughout my home and while I don’t consider myself a gamer I do play some when time allows.

2 minutes ago, Metha said:

Mainly I use my computer to run my business so a lot of office programs, remoting in, heavy multitasking (I have 12gb of ram and as I write this I am sitting at 82% usage) but I also have a massive media library (around 14TB) that I like stream throughout my home and while I don’t consider myself a gamer I do play some when time allows.

Well then my build will be quite good too even though it has only 32Gb.

Any reason to go with the 2080 over the 2060? To me personally the price to performance doesn’t seem to justify the swap. 

24 minutes ago, Metha said:

Any reason to go with the 2080 over the 2060? To me personally the price to performance doesn’t seem to justify the swap. 

Otherwise for the same price, the 5700XT is better than the 2060S and almost on par with the 2070S in some titles.