Should I go for a 2k php (40usd) outemu switch keyboard or 4k php (80usd) mkb with legit cherry mx red switches?

J4ke

So I'm planning to buy rakk lam-ang which is 40 usd in my country or the hyperx alloy fps pro which is 80 usd in my country. This is kinda urgent. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Rakk lam-ang, looks good for the  price.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Buy the Rakk Lam-Ang. It is hot swappable so you can switch out the switches in the future. Just note that you can only use plate mounted switches.

so is it compatible with cherry mx red switches? I searched on google but I cant find answers

btw I am going for lam-ang lite because I think there would be no point to go for rakk lamg-ang pro which is at 3000 - 3500 php (60 - 70 usd) in my country. I would just spend a little bit more for hyperx alloy fps pro

5 hours ago, J4ke said:

so is it compatible with cherry mx red switches? I searched on google but I cant find answers

Cherry MX switches come in both PCB and Plate mounted so you would just have to make sure to get Plate mounted versions. Outemu Reds should be comparable to Cherry Reds so there really shouldn't be a big enough difference for you to spend double the price.

Pic for reference OP:

ximg_5ae0eda53c6bb.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+j

Notice the two black stems on the PCB mounted switch on the right. This keyboard doesn't have holes to accommodate those stems, so if you want to use PCB mounted switches you would have to cut them off with pliers, preferably flush cut pliers. Or save the hassle and get plate mounted ones.