Are those parts good for a 1000€ budget pc?

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out the parts I need for my first gaming rig. I want to play rainbow six siege, CS:GO, Gta V and I want to stream on twitch.

The Ryzen CPUs are the best bang for the buck I think.

My current laptop runs Rainbow Six Siege at about 60FPS on low settings and GTA V at about 50FPS on very low.

I am thinking of:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 178€

CPU COOLER: beQuiet Pure rock 30€

GPU:KFA2 2060 Super EX or MSI RX5700XT MECH OC (can't decide)

KFA2: 399€                    MSI: 419€

MOBO: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X 92€

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) 3200 Mhz 64€

Storage: Cruicial P1 500GB m.2 ssd 70€

Case: Cooler Master MB511 55€

Case fans: 1x 140mm be quiet pure wings 2 9€

1x 120mm be quiet pure wings 2 9€

PSU: 500 watt be quiet pure power 11 cm 73€

And just if you wonder why it is in euro. I am from germany :)

the ssd seems a bit overpriced to me where do you live also 2700x is pretty good but if your going for bang to the buck i would recommend getting a darkrock pro4 or equivelent can get one for around 40 to 50 and going for something like a 1700 or 1700x it overclocks to 95% of the performance of the 2700x and its around 90

1 minute ago, HaamYz said:

the ssd seems a bit overpriced to me where do you live also 2700x is pretty good but if your going for bang to the buck i would recommend getting a darkrock pro4 or equivelent can get one for around 40 to 50 and going for something like a 1700 or 1700x it overclocks to 95% of the performance of the 2700x and its around 90

I live in germany and the dark rock pro4 is about 73€ in germany. and the ssd is also a standart price here.

25 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

Hello,

Something overall nice, better CPU, better GPU (MSI is hotter compared to this one), better PSU, better CPU cooler, better motherboard.

3 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

I live in germany and the dark rock pro4 is about 73€ in germany. and the ssd is also a standart price here.

have you tried used 

2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

you failed to take into account he wants this for streaming the two extra cores are gonna make a hell of alot of difference the 3600 isnt that great i traded it for a 3800x and my 1700 beat it handlily on cinebench

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

I have read that the r7 2700x is better for streaming or is there no difference? What is better about the PSU?

2 minutes ago, HaamYz said:

have you tried used 

Where should I look for used hardware?

i would try ebay first its probably gonna be the easiest then i would try other apps like theres quite alot of good stuff on schpock in germany then im an avid user of reddit hardware swap forums the main was is pretty america heavy but there is a uk one that is quite popular and then theres an eu one which has about ten active users 

18 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

I have read that the r7 2700x is better for streaming or is there no difference? What is better about the PSU?

If you do that much streaming then 2700x+2060S, note that purelly gaming the 3600+5700xt destroys it.

Better protection etc :

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

Why is the RTX 2060s better for streaming? Is it because of the new encoder?

And the psu safety is very important for me because my last tower pc fried cuz of the china psu in it but it was a very old one with a gts 450 and 1 core cpu.

Thank you for your reply.

1 minute ago, lilotus.FRM said:

Why is the RTX 2060s better for streaming? Is it because of the new encoder?

And the psu safety is very important for me because my last tower pc fried cuz of the china psu in it but it was a very old one with a gts 450 and 1 core cpu.

Thank you for your reply.

NVenc is better for streaming yes though for the same price the 5700XT is really worth considering since it's better. Same as the 3600 vs 2700x, if you don't stream that much go for 3600+5700XT.

Just now, Plouffe said:

NVenc is better for streaming yes though for the same price the 5700XT is really worth considering since it's better. Same as the 3600 vs 2700x, if you don't stream that much go for 3600+5700XT.

Okay thank you!

Do you have an advice for a high airflow case with good looks and not being super expensive?

2 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

Okay thank you!

Do you have an advice for a high airflow case with good looks and not being super expensive?

The focus G has a good airflow but if you don't like the look, there is the mb511 you mentionned.

Just now, Plouffe said:

The focus G has a good airflow but if you don't like the look, there is the mb511 you mentionned.

Okay thank you! I dont really like the look of the Focus G,

Is there a way to save some money at the build?

Depends, what did you chose in the end ?

It's a pretty nice build, you can upgrade to a 3700x/3900x later on with a better GPU too if needed.

2 hours ago, HaamYz said:

you failed to take into account he wants this for streaming the two extra cores are gonna make a hell of alot of difference the 3600 isnt that great i traded it for a 3800x and my 1700 beat it handlily on cinebench

We are talking about 12 active threads on the 3600. You can easily game and stream off of it.

Yes, the $400 sister is going to outperform the $200 unit, though you went for an oddly valued unit, since the 3700X performs almost exactly the same for a 20% savings.

The 3800X is clearly not available in this budget range.

The 3600 provides significantly better gaming benchmarks than even the 2700X, supports higher RAM frequencies, significantly lower TDP, etc.

3600 > 1700/X, 2700 and even 2700X in anything buy heavy workload processing. (and even still computes better in a bunch of that.)

1 hour ago, lilotus.FRM said:

It's solid enough. I agree with @Plouffe on the 3600 for $200. Significantly upgraded processing where it will matter. (Even while streaming. And if you keep the 2060S you have NVENC which doesn't tax the CPU anyway.)

You're already budgeting for a MAX series board, so it's specced for Zen 2 either way.

• Faster in-game performance. (CPU and GPU)
  • spending less on the case and more on the guts. Again, solid value on the case.

Is there a way to save some money at the build?

Plenty. The RX 5700 is a savings and performs about the same (again, you'll lose NVENC decoding, but the 3600 will stream 1080p gaming just fine.)

It's not awful. Value is a hard question. It's often opinionated, but really it's just a ratio of cost to benefit.

I argue that in value the Cougar MX-330 is always king. (Usually around 40 bucks, though I see PCPartpicker doesn't currently have any available links for it in Germany. You could likely find one on your preferred online retailer.) It has a mesh front plate, filters for all intake areas, included exhaust fan is reasonable quality, tons of fan support, great cable management, a PSU shroud and either acrylic or tempered glass side panel depending on the variation you grab.

(Edit: Found one on German Amazon https://www.amazon.de/Cougar-mx330-g-MX330-Mid-gehärtetem-Fenster/dp/B079X2P3TR/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=cougar+mx330&qid=1575645577&sr=8-4 I'll still argue it's high value at $52.)

If you plan to buy multiple intake fans, then the MB511 becomes an arguably high value, since it includes all of the above and comes with 3 Cooler Master RGB intake fans on top of it. You could of course roll the dice on a cheap 3 pack of no name fans, and some work out fine and slap those in an MX-330, bringing it back to value king.

If I don't worry too much about price, I use the Meshify C (a little overpriced in your market. I'd look at it for like 90.) for a very sexy black case with great management and airflow and two very solid included fans. The other is the CM H500 that @Plouffe pointed you toward. I use that for RGB builds, since it is pretty much a wind tunnel with those massive 200mm intakes.