Unexpected Xmas Present

Tonkaturn

Hello, 

So I have come into some extra money over xmas and I am wanting to upgrade my graphics card. At the moment I have a 1050ti paired with a Ryzen 5 2600. My PSU is 550W. I have a budget of £300 (sorry don't know what that is in $). So if i needed a new PSU that would be need to be included in the budget. All i will be doing is playing FFXIV @ 1080p, which my current card does brilliantly, but i want to venture into Total War: Warhammer 2. I also would like to be future proofed. Don't really play AAA titles, i get round to them a few years after they came out. 

Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Tonkaturn said:

Hello, 

So I have come into some extra money over xmas and I am wanting to upgrade my graphics card. At the moment I have a 1050ti paired with a Ryzen 5 2600. My PSU is 550W. I have a budget of £300 (sorry don't know what that is in $). So if i needed a new PSU that would be need to be included in the budget. All i will be doing is playing FFXIV @ 1080p, which my current card does brilliantly, but i want to venture into Total War: Warhammer 2. I also would like to be future proofed. Don't really play AAA titles, i get round to them a few years after they came out. 

Any suggestions?

what model is your psu? 

if you don't need to change it, I'd go for a rx5700, if you need to change it, I'd go for a 1660 super with a corsair txm gold 550W.

Just now, boggy77 said:

what model is your psu? 

if you don't need to change it, I'd go for a rx5700, if you need to change it, I'd go for a 1660 super with a corsair txm gold 550W.

I have a CoolerMaster PSU which is about 7 years old. All i know is its a CoolerMaster Non Modular PSU

7 minutes ago, Tonkaturn said:

I have a CoolerMaster PSU which is about 7 years old. All i know is its a CoolerMaster Non Modular PSU

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB OC Video Card £233.35 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply £62.98 @ Amazon UK
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £296.33
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-06 09:42 GMT+0000  

@Tonkaturn you could also wait just a bit longer to see the AMD 5500XT cards. They are supposed to be releasing in January. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop