WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR new cpu

I plugged in the two 4 pin connectors into the 8 pin motherboard connector and after restarting the pc and downloading hwinfo64 the pc crashed again on trying to startup the newly installed program. I'm gonna completely reset the pc now and reinstall windows so I can go from scratch.

This is basically my last hope. I used every single method I learned in here or from several other posts and videos online about the bsod. None of my USB devices or rams or gpu is causing the problem. It might actually be caused by the newly bought used i7 8700k. It still has warranty so maybe I can get it replaced

18 minutes ago, SwarlesBrkly said:

I plugged in the two 4 pin connectors into the 8 pin motherboard connector and after restarting the pc and downloading hwinfo64 the pc crashed again on trying to startup the newly installed program. I'm gonna completely reset the pc now and reinstall windows so I can go from scratch.

This is basically my last hope. I used every single method I learned in here or from several other posts and videos online about the bsod. None of my USB devices or rams or gpu is causing the problem. It might actually be caused by the newly bought used i7 8700k. It still has warranty so maybe I can get it replaced

Used 8700k might have been OCed fairly long and with unknown conditions. Could have degraded and now requires more voltage to run even at stock.

Try increasing the voltage to say, 1.25v and see if the errors go away.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

36 minutes ago, SwarlesBrkly said:

Go into your BIOS, set CPU Voltage manually to 1.30v, and then set CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration to Turbo.

That should get you going hopefully.

Please don't forget the HWinfo VRM section screenshots (VR VIN and VR VOUT).

2 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Go into your BIOS, set CPU Voltage manually to 1.30v, and then set CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration to Turbo.

That should get you going hopefully.

Please don't forget the HWinfo VRM section screenshots (VR VIN and VR VOUT).

So. I actually just completely reset my system. Made sure everything is plugged in firmly. Reset bios again and made sure the ram profiles were right. T seems it's completely fixed rn. I guess it was a combination of different things resulting in the issue. 

I downloaded hwinfo64. Where can I find your requested info? 

I didn't play with core voltage since the reset because it runs smoothly now for about 1,5 hours

Look for VR VOUT and Current IOUT and VR VIN.

If they are not there, click "reset layout" or "reset fields" but you have a Z390 gigabyte board so they will be there.

33 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Look for VR VOUT and Current IOUT and VR VIN.

If they are not there, click "reset layout" or "reset fields" but you have a Z390 gigabyte board so they will be there.

sadly after a long run without issues it crashed again. at the time i was downloading a game with origin and watching a video on youtube. i will link the crash report right here.

also where exactly are thos values supposed to show up? i attached a screenshot

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt1.png

12 hours ago, cole0622 said:

you might also look into a memory dump. when it crashes is it a bsod or just die? if bsod is it still the same error?

i attached the dump file. i dont really know how to look into it and identify the problem.

120619-8875-01.rar

to view more details on the dump you can double click it. Did you try booting off of a flash drive into Linux?

3 minutes ago, cole0622 said:

to view more details on the dump you can double click it. Did you try booting off of a flash drive into Linux?

no. why would i do that? i really dont know a single thing about those dump files and what they might tell me. i opened a topic in the trouble shooting section of the forums with my specs and two dumpfiles attached to it. maybe someone can get more information about it

Unbenannt.png

it looks like something in windows is causing a kernel panic if you boot Linux you can tell if hardware is to blame or you can reinstall windows if your so determined as not to use linux. Im dot saying you have to keep linux running forever just to test hardware

Just now, cole0622 said:

it looks like something in windows is causing a kernel panic if you boot Linux you can tell if hardware is to blame or you can reinstall windows if your so determined as not to use linux. Im dot saying you have to keep linux running forever just to test hardware

the problem is that i cant force the error. right now im using my system without issues again for about 20 minutes. yeah in the event log i find 4 kernel events listed.

the fact that the error cant be forced makes me think at this point nothing is wrong with hardware do you have any overclocking tools in the os

Just now, cole0622 said:

the fact that the error cant be forced makes me think at this point nothing is wrong with hardware do you have any overclocking tools in the os

i have msi afterburner installed but i do not run any oc right now.

do you have logging enabled to look for a spike prior to crash?

Just now, cole0622 said:

do you have logging enabled to look for a spike prior to crash?

since i dont know how to enable it.. no :P

in settings under monitor there is hardware monitoring history options

1 hour ago, SwarlesBrkly said:

sadly after a long run without issues it crashed again. at the time i was downloading a game with origin and watching a video on youtube. i will link the crash report right here.

also where exactly are thos values supposed to show up? i attached a screenshot

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt1.png

Download hwinfo64 and run sensors only. Look for the value with the title VR VOUT.

Your CPU is used and probably was overclocked and degraded a bit. Go into BIOS and manually set voltage to 1.3v with turbo Load Line Calibration like @Falkentyne recommended and see if your problem persists

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

35 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Download hwinfo64 and run sensors only. Look for the value with the title VR VOUT.

Your CPU is used and probably was overclocked and degraded a bit. Go into BIOS and manually set voltage to 1.3v with turbo Load Line Calibration like @Falkentyne recommended and see if your problem persists

this just seems like a bad compromise. hih voltage--> high temp--> lould fans ---> same performance....... i will try to replay the cpu and hopefully this will fix the problem

Just now, SwarlesBrkly said:

this just seems like a bad compromise. hih voltage--> high temp--> lould fans ---> same performance....... i will try to replay the cpu and hopefully this will fix the problem

Well, it is used. So there's no way to tell what kind of conditions it was subjected to.

It could be the CPU has degraded, or the motherboard is the problem, or something else.

You can safely go to 1.3 without worry. If anything, to test if that fixes the problem then you know that's likely the reason.

5 hours ago, SwarlesBrkly said:

1.30v with Loadline Calibration=Turbo is fully and completely safe.  In fact, up to 1.350v is safe, with LLC=Turbo (Don't go higher LLC however!), as long as you are not doing silly Prime95 AVX/FMA3 stress testing.  If you reduce the loadline calibration to "high" instead of "turbo" (this increases vdroop but also tightens up "Transient response"), then 1.40v set in BIOS + LLC High is safe.

And as said:
Run HWinfo64 and click on "Sensors only".  You will find VR VOUT and VR VIN there.

4 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

1.30v with Loadline Calibration=Turbo is fully and completely safe.  In fact, up to 1.350v is safe, with LLC=Turbo (Don't go higher LLC however!), as long as you are not doing silly Prime95 AVX/FMA3 stress testing.  If you reduce the loadline calibration to "high" instead of "turbo" (this increases vdroop but also tightens up "Transient response"), then 1.40v set in BIOS + LLC High is safe.

And as said:
Run HWinfo64 and click on "Sensors only".  You will find VR VOUT and VR VIN there.

another issue i just noticed now is the boot up process. sometimes (not everytime) the pc starts boot up, the fans spin at maximum rpm then he immediately shuts down again and boots up again but this time it works fine. at rar occasions he boots and restarts twice. it did that at the very beginning when i built it a bout a year ago but then it stopped. now it happened a couple of times again.

thre red leds on the bottom right of the mb light ub when startup, which is how its ssupposed to be but sometimes it keeps flashing between cpu and dram a couple of times before it goes to vga dn the boot.i tried booting with one of each ram sticks but that doesnt prevent it from happening sometimes. could it mean my psu is not powerful enough?

hwinfo.PNG

Ok, looking at the sensors, there is 50mv of vdroop at idle with nothing running.  Sounds like you are trying to run a WAY too low voltage at 4.7 ghz without any loadline calibration either.

So, set your BIOS like this.

CPU voltage: override mode: 1.30v

CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration: Turbo.

Save and exit.

Boot back to windows and test the computer.

If it's stable and you're happy, try changing your Loadline Calibration from Turbo to High.

That will give you lower voltages than turbo.  Test that fully.  Report back.

Note: do NOT change the settiing "CPU Internal AC/DC Load Line".

Change "Vcore Loadline Calibration.   First: Turbo then test.  Then High. then test.

And set cpu voltage to 1.30v as I said.

11 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Ok, looking at the sensors, there is 50mv of vdroop at idle with nothing running.  Sounds like you are trying to run a WAY too low voltage at 4.7 ghz without any loadline calibration either.

So, set your BIOS like this.

CPU voltage: override mode: 1.30v

CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration: Turbo.

Save and exit.

Boot back to windows and test the computer.

If it's stable and you're happy, try changing your Loadline Calibration from Turbo to High.

That will give you lower voltages than turbo.  Test that fully.  Report back.

Note: do NOT change the settiing "CPU Internal AC/DC Load Line".

Change "Vcore Loadline Calibration.   First: Turbo then test.  Then High. then test.

And set cpu voltage to 1.30v as I said.

im pretty much set on auto vor vcore voltage and load lone calibration. so no idea why it would run lower voltages. and why 4,7 ghz?

i just updated my bios and so far everything seems to be running just fine. i will keep testing with the newly istalled bios until it crashed then go along your tips with the voltage.

i also got the intel warranty program set up by the seller so if i just want to replace it i can do that next week when he sends me the info.

do you have an idea why the strange boot up behaviour occurs?

this is a current hwinfo screenshot while downloading shit and being active on chrome

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by SwarlesBrkly