Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icy_

Inconsistent FPS

Posted · Original PosterOP

My gtx 1070 usually averages around 144 fps, and sometimes gets 240+, depending on the day. I play on settings that should easily give me 240+ frames, yet I only occasionally get that. I dont know what causes me to usually average arpund 144. Im trying to get a 240hz monitor but I need to make sure that I have 240+ fps days everyday. also when i have bad days (144 fps days) i also sometimes get spikes/drops in my fps. On the days when im getting 240 fps i never get spikes like these.

My specs:

i7 7700

24 gb ddr4

14 minutes ago, icy_ said:

I play on settings that should easily give me 240+ frames,

Any examples ? That CPU you have (assuming it's indeed i7 7700 non-k) has somewhat low ST performance, it's not going to output 240 FPS consistently in all games.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

it also depends on the game you're playing.

i got a 240Hz monitor myself recently and i like it but even my 2080 has problems pushing it that high in some games.

Though i do want to say that the difference in 144-240Hz is very small and only noticable in FPS games you're already very good at.

I can't tell a differnece when playing destiny 2 (i have like 2 hours in the game) but i could a little when playing csgo (i have 1900 hours in the game) so just remember it's not going to be a noticeable upgrade as 60-144 was.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.